“Nice! Beautiful room with a sleep number bed!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Pennsylvania
“Nice! Beautiful room with a sleep number bed!”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Excellent stay. Very nice front desk staff. Quick and easy check in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Thank you for your feedback on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comment onto the front desk to let them know they are making an impact on the guest.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and don’t forget we are the home of the Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookie.

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville

Lance Rihn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We booked the Doubletree Monroeville for our rehearsal dinner night and wedding night along with a room block months in advance. I booked a king corner (which is their equivalent of a suite) and specifically requested and verified that it came with a pullout couch (as 3 of my bridesmaids were staying with me that night).

When we checked in, they had no record of me requesting the pullout couch and said there were no more rooms like that for me to switch to. I said I had booked that and double-checked, and they just shrugged their shoulders. When I asked about getting cots, they said that while they doubted they had any left, I - the CUSTOMER (not the staff) - should call Housekeeping to ask them! They wouldn't even do THAT for me! I asked them if my friends should sleep on the floor or if my only resort was to go out and buy them air mattresses, and they kind of just stared at me and said there was nothing they could do.

I almost started to cry (wedding was the next day, and they were SO unwilling to even CHECK on things or TRY to help me), but my mom managed to calm me down. Finally, after about 20 minutes, they managed to miraculously "find" something (after the front desk finally called another staff member - manager maybe? - to come out to talk to us). I was fuming and did NOT need that extra unnecessary aggravation that day. Plus, the whole ordeal made me run really late, and I barely got to our rehearsal on time!

Other than the terrible customer service, things were mostly fine. The room was clean and nice, and the bed was comfortable. Fortunately there were no issues the night of the wedding. I would also note that the hotel did not have a shuttle as of August 2010 when we stayed there (other cheaper hotels nearby do) and even if they say the bar is going to be open, that doesn't mean it actually will be (and the bar is now tiny after renovating the hotel - the hotel used to be a Radisson and had a huge, beautiful bar).

I would not recommend them to anyone based on 1) terrible customer service and 2) price. I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work, and this was one of the worst customer service experiences I've had. I've never had any hotel downgrade my concerns like that before. Also, they are in Monroeville yet are priced almost like they are actually in Pittsburgh. It's not worth it in my opinion. Stay in the Monroeville area at a cheaper hotel or go into the city more and pay the same or maybe slightly more.

• Stayed August 2010
GM_DTMonroeville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Dear Miss,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the service and products we offer. I have passed your comments to the departments involved. I would like to apologize for the confusion at check in and I certainly understand your frustration. I am happy you enjoyed the room and we will continue to improve the service levels at this hotel.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

General Manger
Montclair NJ
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The Doubletree was quite nice, new in appearance and quite clean and modern. The room was perfect, absolutely nothing to complain about, nice linen, clean bathroom, plenty of towels and hot water, comfy beds (sleep number inflatable ones at that) flat screen LCD tv on the wall, all in tiptop shape. Plenty of parking and the breakfast was quite good and included in our stay.

Realatively well located, a little confusing with multiple lanes and traffic lights in the area, takes about 15-20 minutes to get to downtown, but nothing to cry about. I'd stay here again, no problem. If you like shopping, then Monroeville is for you, its rife with malls, both stripmalls and indoor ones.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Dear Sir / Miss,

Thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the property. On your next visit please ask the guest agent at check in for any coupon available in at the Monroeville Mall they are always offering great deals.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future and thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center.

Washington, DC
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We recently stayed here for a Steelers game. Everything in the city was completely booked. It was not a bad drive to the city and it is located in the parking lot of a mall and several restaurants are near by. The hotel itself is clean in the common areas, but the hotel room was not clean. The carpet and areas in front of the bathroom were very old and dirty looking. It also looked like the vacuum was only used in the high traffic areas, very dirty along the sides of the room. Bathroom floor was dirty, but counter tops and tub/shower were clean. Breakfast was included with our room and was very nice. Service was great. I would recommend this hotel if the rooms were cleaner. Otherwise, it was a very nice stay and the beds were very comfortable although we never could figure out the sleep number for the beds.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Didn't get a chance to use the hotel facilities (pool and hot tub looked nice, though), as I was there on business at the Convention Center which is right across the street. Easy check-in with those famous chocolate chip cookies. Nice, quiet, clean, very large room on the top floor. Neutrogena amenities. Really good breafast buffet -- eggs, sausage, waffles, blueberry pancakes. Breakfast potatoes best I've had in a long time and a fast moving waitress.
Monroeville Mall and Don Pablos, Olive Garden and a couple other restaurants across the street. Very convenient and nicer than the hotels that are right beside the turnpike.
Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for our comments on this website.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the Monroeville Convention Center. We are looking forward to having you stay again and on your next stay and please look for the new and improved in room amenities we have changed them to Crabtree & Evelyn the Citron Honey edition.

Again thank you for your feedback and I will share your comments with the hotel staff.

Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The rooms are large, but the bathrooms are small. The air conditioner is very loud, and not every room has the sleep number beds (ours did not). The sheets and pillow cases were almost crisp like they had been over starched. We were with a large group and several members of our group received room upgrades. We did not even though we are silver level Hilton Honors members. The elevator malfunctioned while we where there, trapping a car full of guests of about 20 minutes.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for comments and I truly appreciate the feedback as it allows me to improve the level of service we offer at the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center.

I do apologize for the noise level of the air conditioner as I know the importance of a restful night of sleep. We are currently looking into ways to reduce the noise level to increase the quality of the guest sleep.

We have looked into what caused the elevator to malfunction and have corrected the issue to ensure it does not occur in the future.

I hope to welcome you back in the future and please contact me prior to arrival and I will ensure all your needs are meet.

Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I used tripadvisor to determine which hotel I would be going to for a trip to Kennywood. I got Kennywood's site that showed the hotel packages and this one had the best ratings and had an indoor pool so with two small children, I thought it would be perfect and I immediately booked a two day stay during the week. When we checked in, there was some confusion with our reservation but all was settled. Then the kind man behind the desk handed us the signature cookies which we first thought was great. My 5 year old twin boys got so excited until we realized the cookies have nuts. Unfortunately, my kids have nut allergies, it didn't go over very well with them. Might have been nice for the registration clerk to maybe mention this, but people who do not have kids with food allergies are oblivious to this.

So, we got settling into the room which was very luxurious and they boys were anxious to swim. They get into their suits and when we got down to the lobby we found out that the two days we were staying there, the hotel pool is closed for maintenance. REALLY? Is my luck that bad? Could have stayed somewhere alot cheaper if there was going to be no pool.

Anyhow, the beds were very nice and the room was clean but for the price, I wouldn't stay there again with small children.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family