DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
hazel crest, United States
“room with a king size bed”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The room was nice and roomy but it had no refrigerator and only a King size bed. I was traveling with my sister and I love her but I didn't want to share a bed with her. I requested doubles but was unable to get one. Also if you take medicine which needs to be refrigerated you are out of luck you better bring a cooler and fill it with ice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Monroeville, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Extremely impressed with the level of service for this hotel. It is an old structure, but nicely redone. Especially Hilton honors benefits shown through. I was given a room on the top floor away from other interferences so it was a very relaxing stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for sharing such kind words about our property.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were impressed by the excellent customer service and friendliness of our team members. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcomed and accommodate each request to the best of our ability. I am glad you took advantage of our HHonors points and was pleased with your guest room.

Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you. We look forward to your future stays with us!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I just have to say that i love love love this hotel. The staff here is wonderful and my room was in top notch condition. I stayed here for a few days because I had an issue with my sewage at my house and needed a place to stay. My family and I were treated so well even though the staff didn't know that we were displaced they still treated us fantastic and made my stay a lot easier. My children loved the pool and hot tub and I enjoyed the restaurant and bar :-) I can not remember the name of the bar tender but she was awesome and I guess she had stayed the night because she was also there in the morning helping serve the wonderful breakfast they offer. I love this hotel the only complaint I might have is the pool is absolutely freezing and I would think that it would be regulated since it's an indoor pool but other than that this hotel is definitely awesome...please heat your pool during the colder months.

Room Tip: Corner suites are def the best I love the amount of space in them. Also if you can check and see if...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

I am glad you were satisfied with our clean guest rooms, the service of our team members, and am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our restaurant and lounge staff made you feel at home

I apologize that the pool was not at a comfortable temperature and will talk to our Engineering team about better regulating the temperature.

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

staff was great, celebrating anniversary and the room was not what I was expecting. I was looking for more of a relaxing atmosphere with a lovely bathroom in which it was not. The cookies were hard, cold and very dissatisfying for the first time ever. Not sure if I would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Olney, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk did an exceptional job....this hotel is pet friendly and we stay here for that reason and they always give us a nice room and everyone is very accomodating. The restaurant was also awesome...the food was delicious and nice selection...everyone there was also great!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and enjoyed our clean and comfortable pet friendly guest rooms, efficient and polite hotel staff, and enjoyed Share Restaurant and Lounge. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcomed and accommodate each request to the best of our ability.

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We loved the warm welcome chocolate chip cookies. The beds were comfortable. We added the breakfast package and enjoyed it. The pool was nice but the water was a bit cold. The staff was helpful.

The sound proofing of the rooms needs to be improved. The hallway noise could be heard clearly. Our room was close to the elevator and I could hear the elevator sound all night. Alos, the doors close so loudly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, GA
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel. The hotel was very close to good restaurants and shopping. The fitness center was well equipped, but the WIFI signal was very weak to non existent. This is something many hotels are over looking today. Many people like to watch Netflix, Hulu, etc when working out. It was impossible in this fitness center. The rooms were large, but very outdated. The carpet had wrinkles large enough to trip over in my room. The rooms were quiet and clean. It was too bad that there were HD TVs in the room without an HD signal. The breakfast buffet was very good and I enjoyed eating at the restaurant at night. I have business in this area again I might return. I just hope they can update the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for making us aware of your experience.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and our central location offering access to the major highways and attractions of Pittsburgh, as well the Monroeville Mall and nearby shopping centers. I am glad you were satisfied with our clean guest rooms and that our restaurant and lounge staff made you feel at home during your business travel.

I apologize that there was difficulty with the wireless signal in our Fitness Center. I will speak with our Chief Engineer to work on correcting this issue. We do have future plans to update our interior decor and aesthetic.

Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you.