DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“2nd Time Around”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not just because they give you hot cookies but their rooms are great, personnel is great and meeting rooms are great. The only thing I found disagreeable is a $16.00 breakfast. This is the second time we have stayed here and would look forward to staying again if I find myself in the Pittsburgh area. They have the sleep by number beds which I am not fond of but they were ok.

Room Tip: Stay away from the convention center side of the hotel. Our first trip they had a RAVE until 4 am...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid review of our property and service as new perspectives about our guestroom appearance and customer service help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please accept our apology for the curt response you received at our front desk and know that the staff has been reminded of the importance of our interactions with guests. We will take your comments into consideration moving forward and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share with us at any time.

Lance Rihn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here and I had looked online at the rooms (doesn't everyone?). They looked nicely updated online. When we got to our room - it was circa 1980's. It was relatively clean, but the carpet had holes and was just old. Some strange white dusty stuff around the edge of the carpet (perhaps cleaning dust?). Anyway, I asked for an upgrade - I was willing to pay for a new room, but the front desk guy gave me a snarky "we are filled up" just after the girl was starting to look for me. So it was kinda suspicious...For a hilton-owned hotel, not impressed. Don't they have enough money to upgrade the WHOLE hotel? Not happy with our experience here. Also: they provide NO continental breakfast - instead a stale cookie. I think that is a mistake on their part. I do have to say their pool is very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012

Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Paid a little more than I do for this room but had the extra big room with extras in it. Good service given when requested items for our room. Items were delivered in a timely manner. Good food and bars near by for your personal time off from the hotel. People were also attending this hotel for training purposes for a major retailer at that time. Because I am a night time person, I talked to several staff working the midnight shift. Rather interesting to talk to and learned about the area as well. Two type of newspapers available for free and coffee available by the eatery. Keeep uup the good working as this is the second time I have used your chain of hotels. Was impressed with the first one I stayed at near the BWI airport in Maryland.

Room Tip: Popluar conference centre for law enforcement as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your comments and review. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on trip advisor. I am happy you had a chance to talk with our overnight staff they do a wonderful job and are passionate about what they do. We hope that you will be staying at our Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am not a fan of the Hilton Brand because of a really bad stay in New York. But I must say this particular hotel has pretty much changed my mind. It was clean , the staff was very friendly . I must say their minfridge is a bit odd (small soda case). But it served the purpose. They also have a very nice bar on premise. I also like the fact that they always offered a warm cookie to my sister after they found out that she really liked them. Although was not there for fun. I have to admit they made it very easy to smile and relax.

Room Tip: They have a great pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the property. Our staff is always committed to our guests and will always go above and beyond.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future and thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention center

New York
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised. Has a great gym and the room are very nice. They look like they had been recently remodeled. Close to many restaurant options and shopping. The staff was also super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012
Hastings
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff all all very helpful and professional. We were greeted at the front desk with warm walnut chocolate chip cookies. I asked for an upper floor and we were given a room on the 14th floor. Everything was very clean and neat. The bed was comfortable and the bedspread was white and not a speck of dirt. The bathroom has a heating lamp, so you won't get cold taking a bath. The ventilation fan is loud, but we did not have a problem sleeping. The swimming pool was a bit cool, but the water temperature was in the 80 - 84 degree area. The water was very clean and pristine. The jacuzzi was very nice and the swimming pool area was very nice and warm. The coffee maker in the room had coffee pods and the coffee was excellent. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was very pleased with the upper room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice rooms, big, clean, convenient to mall next door, good fitness center and pool. Walked through the mall checking out the places to eat and the bar/restaurant in the hotel was the best. Good food and reasonable prices and pleasant place to sit - watch CNN and sports. The two issues - no wipes in fitness room so no way to clean equipment between users, and the ventilation fan in the room was REALLY loud - even on "low". So if you bring your earplugs, you are o.k., but it seriously was loud. All hotel staff were very nice and helpful - I had a few questions about what was in the mall and they were helpful - got my glasses repaired and got a haircut.

Room Tip: high floors have nice views of the surrounding hills.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and we truly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. The Convenience to the Monroeville Mall is wonderful as it is a short walk over.

Thank you for bringing to our attention about the wipes in the fitness center we just ordered a new dispenser to be in place within the fitness center. Concerning the noise with the vents we are currently researching how to improve and reduce the noise levels we hope to have this fixed within the next 2 weeks.

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.