“Donna was great but, night auditor was complete opposite.”

Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've been staying at Days Inn for the past two nights, tonight being the third. The first night I was having trouble sleeping (especially when I am sleeping by myself) so, I decided to take a walk around the hotel playing games on my phone. A gray haired guy walked passed me saying, "oh, you're not in bed yet? Why are you not sleeping?" I smiled and replied that I could not sleep and was taking a little walk. I then went back to my room, 120, and watched some TV for a while. Still not being able to sleep, I decided that I would go to the Marathon on the corner to get some medicine to help me sleep. Upon returning, I was leaning against my car playing with my phone and the same gray haired guy came up to me and asked me what I was doing. I said, excuse me? He then asked me the same question again and I was so dumbfounded that I just kind of looked at him with a puzzled look and then told him that I had just went to the store to get medicine to help me sleep. He looked and acted like he didn't believe me. I was about to show him my receipt! What really bothered me though was what he said to me next. He told me that I needed to go back in my room before there were any problems! I have never been treated like that before at a hotel. EVER. Just because I am in my late 20's almost 30 (but look younger), does not mean that I am a trouble maker. It's very offensive to the good half of the younger generation. I have never had a problem here like that before. In fact everyone has been very nice to me. (I wish I could remember all their names!) I left my credit card here a few weeks ago and my inhaler after that and when I called the blonde-ish woman said they were there and I could come back and pick them up! I was very thankful for that!! I made sure to tip the housekeeper (who is also very nice, but I don't know her name) for finding my credit card!!!

Anyways, this was supposed to be about Donna and what a great worker she is!! I didn't plan on staying this third night, but because of car problems I had to. I was talking to her down at the front desk telling her all what had happened and she was so nice about it. She hooked me up with a really nice room (room 323). The beds were made perfectly, everything was very clean and even though it was a smoking room, it didn't smell like smoke at all!! (Thank you to the housekeeper for the wonderful, clean room as well!)

I stay here a lot and I really hope that if I decide to come back here that the night auditor doesn't bother me again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for Donna at the front desk to help you, she is so nice!!! =)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The room I was in was a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke. It had an old tv with only 15 channels! I could not watch any of the NHL playoffs. The Internet was so slow I could not get anything done. If you need a place for a night just to sleep I guess it is ok but anything other than that find another hotel.

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The room did not have an iron or ironing board to iron my shirt and pants, which should be standard for travelers, especially business persons. Overall, the room was fine for spending a night while traveling. The woman handling the check-in process was very efficient and pleasant. The continental breakfast was extremely limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jenny C, General Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We do have irons and boards available at the front desk, we would gladly brought one to you, sorry for the inconvience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
jenny C, General Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013