“The hotel manager and day time staff were fantastic but....”

Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
BRUNSWICK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I would recommend to friends and family. It was clean, staff was nice and it was located close to restaraunts and shopping and freeways! Thank you! My only one complaint is the cleaning staff was rude the morning that i left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

jenny C, Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. The entire staff and management have been working to improve. Our owner is doing everything he can for us to make this an "A" property and we are on the way up. It feels really good when someone notices our efforts. Thank you again. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jenny Candelore
Radcliff, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

In dire need of updating
Non-smoking room smelled of smoke
No flat screen TV
Free wi-fi was only marginally effective
No maid service one day
No iron and ironing board in room
Hair dryer didn’t work
Had to wait for hot water to shower

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CHICAGO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Your "Manager" belittled and minimized my initial concerns. After he did that I refused to speak with him and hung up on him on the phone. He therefore came to my room, challenging me in an argumentative and aggressive manner to explain myself to him.
I closed the door and told him I needed to get to bed (time was @11:20PM.).

He called me again and insisted on talking, whereby I informed him I would be calling the corporate Office and that I would be leaving immediately for another motel. I also informed him that I was recording his behavior and phone call. He did not care and thereby demanded that I turn in the room keys on my way out. I tried to explain to him that my reason for leaving was HIM. I also challenged his disparate treatment of myself in that he surely did not require the same from all other customers. I thereafter hung up and proceeded to pack to go to another Motel (Hampton Inn).

Upon opening my door to walk out of the room, I observed "Roy", the Manager, down in the parking lot looking up at the second floor and apparently waiting on me. I approached my car, whereby he followed me and again continued his harassing belittlement of my concerns,and insistence that I explain myself. But now he added insults to injury by yelling that I planned it because I "know Corporate, " that many other cars that park there are better than mine, and ridiculing me by saying I "would not survive" if I continued to act this way.

Several times as I was loading my things into my car's trunk I pleaded with him to leave me alone. I also took out my phone and recorded a video of his unprofessional, harassing and offensive behavior. I will send Corporate a copy of this terribly offensive, unprofessional and harassing behavior. You will see that his attitude and behavior were unchanged despite the fact that I warned him that I was recording and would be contacting corporate.

Please note, this was my first experience with DAYS INN, an as a retired military officer with 22 years of service in the US Army, and as a very self disciplined and respectful person, I never expected to be treated in such a humiliating and debased manner. NO ONE should be treated like that. And I will probably never return to DAYS INN. Therefore, I am requesting a full refund of what I paid for my interrupted stay, along with a full apology from Days INN CEO.

Gilbert Ortiz, Jr.