“Chocolate Pitri Dish not chocolate fountain!”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #94 of 129 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Chocolate Pitri Dish not chocolate fountain!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Probably the worst place to eat in this area. I do think that it's this location in particular because I have been to other ones and they aren't like this. It's a total mess. I wouldn't put any food in the chocolate fountain unless I wanted to taste what everyone else had for dinner! It's always dirty and nobody smiles at u behind the bar. Stay away!

3 Thank Tcreps

Buffalo, New York
“Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!! DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What can I say this is the second time I have tried Golden Corral and there food is TERRIBLE! But this place was just BAD. It looked like a dump and it was. The food selection was bad. Barely anything there looked edible. The plates and forks were filthy. The flies flying around were really bad. The Ghetto people that Golden Corral brings in is the only reason why they stay afloat. I was lucky I didn't get food poison. The parking lot was also kind of odd since it was way behind the building and u had to have a pretty nice walk to get to the entrance. DO NOT EAT THERE unless the company that runs it goes through a major renovation.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank schristy999
Jackson, Michigan, United States
“Rude Staff, Dirty Conditions.. EVERYTIME!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have ate at this specific Golden Corral about 4 times now. My first time in particular was a disaster. I was there early on a saturday afternoon, approximately 2-3 pm. I get the same thing at every golden corral: Mashed Potatoes, Green beans, Fried Chicken Breast, bread and Salad... Thats IT! The problem I had with this specific branch is I nicely asked the Mexican cook when there was going to be new chicken put out because there werent any breasts. He laughed at me and proceeded to argue and tell me that the thighs were breasts!! I told him that a breast doest have a foot coming off of it, but he continued to argue, telling me that I had to eat the thigh or eat nothing for all he cared. I told him that I was going to get a manager and he welcomed it. When the manager came over, the Mexican cook explained the situation to the Mexican Manager and the Mexican Guy Manager agreed that it was a breast and not a thigh and that they would not make me a breast. I was actually utterly appalled. I almost cried, just because they were going to seriously argue with me and would rather make me feel like I was stupid and wrong instead of making me what I wanted. It was just a cheap ply to try to save food because there were a bunch of legs and thighs that looked like they had been there for hours. I asked the manager if he was really going to lie and talk to a customer that pays his checks the way he did and he laughed at me and said yeah I am, then told me to go sit down or get out of his restaurant.

I have went to this location three other times since then, during busier times with my family and the service is never any different. Ask for cotton candy to be made and you have to stand and wait in line until someone else wants it as well. The African American Cashier that works on weekend nights has the nastiest and rudest face. Its like a huge bother to her that she has to take my money. Never looks me right in the face, just looks past me like she is better then everyone.
The cleanliness is always under par, food all over the floors, reused utensils.. meaning they are greasy like they havent been changed or cleaned all day. Food on the glass face plates, food all over the counters. Usually I have to flag down or go find a waitress just to get a refill.. Just Terrible all around. Worst Golden Corral I have ever been to!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Jayme N
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Golden Corral in Monroeville has gone to the dogs (pigs)!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was, by far, one of the worst experiences I have ever had! Example; chicken was raw on the inside, food stations were not being replenished, food was either over cooked or undercooked. Silverware was not clean, let alone, hard to find, so called "clean plates" were filthy, The dessert station was a mess & so was the ice cream area. Me & my best friend were so disappointed, we will NOT be returning there again As far as I'm concerned, the Health Department should shut the place down!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Roger S
“Gross”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This was the worse ever. We went on a Thursday night around 8 and the place was almost empty yet dirty plates and dirty tables were in abundance.
The food was either too salty or not salty enough.
The bathrooms were filthy. Yes I had to go there.. No paper towels, floors were dirty.
This was the worse Golden Coral I've ever been too! Stay away...

• Visited August 2013