“Closed for private party”
Review of Tolerico's

Tolerico's
Ranked #86 of 128 Restaurants in Monroeville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closed for private party”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Had been looking forward to trying Tolerico's for a while-finally went on Wednesday June 25 at around 5:00 PM. After finding a place to park in the small shopping center lot, my wife and I approached the entrance, which was surrounded by several people drinking and smoking and pretty much blocking the door. When we finally got to the entrance, there was a hand-written notice saying "Closed-Private Party" or something to that effect. Needless to say, they obviously don't need our business and we won't be returning any time soon. Had a lovely steak-and-lobster dinner at TGI Friday's instead, as it was nearby.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Willis D

pittsburgh pa
“Attended shower. Staff very attentive.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I attended a baby shower at Tolerico`s, The room was a generous size and the food and service were great. When I go again which I will, I will go with my spouse and sit in front of the fireplace in the main dining room. A great time was had by all. I never even heard of this place till the shower,

• Visited March 2014
Delmont, Pennsylvania
“Great People and Excellent Food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We recently had a surprise party for my wife at Tolerico's. They worked with us to make sure that the secret was kept and helped spring the surprise. Everything worked perfectly. The entire staff is helpful and very friendly. The food and service was excellent. If you are planning a party, they will do it right.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a must in Monroeville behind the mall. It is family owned, old Italian Style, and is some great tasiting Italian Food with huge proportions. I have never ha a bad meal here! Never. have had Italian Wedding Soup(the best) Sandwichs are outstanding and if you eat the pizza you will crave it for the rest of your Life! I recommend this highly!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I joined another couple for dinner an evening in December. It was a terrible experience! It was a chilly evening and we decided to sit by the fireplace for "atmosphere".
We soon had several uninvited guests as tiny bugs, or gnats started flying around out table. As time went on, their number grew - we swatted at them, watched them land on our bread and in general be annoying. Thinking it might have something to do with the fireplace, we asked our waitress if we should move-she said it wouldn't matter, they were everywhere. Had we known,the numbrers would multiply to the exdtent they did, we would have left. It was impossible to enjoy your meal because you were constantly on watch to make sure they wouldn't land on your food. By the end of the meal, we had killed several, they were all over the bread basket, and several were taking a swim in our pitcher of beer. It was awful! Add to that my husband's fish had an off taste (and was sent back), and my sandwich was cold. Our server was the only high point. I wouldn't normally write, but I sent a letter to the restaurant documenting the experience and received no response. I understand that every place can have issues at one time or another, but it really bothers me that they don't care enough to respond to a patrons concerns.

• Visited December 2012