“Great food, slower service”
Review of Tolerico's

Tolerico's
Ranked #84 of 127 Restaurants in Monroeville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, slower service”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Was a little nervous going to tollerico's for nye dinner with my family of 10 people. We made reservations and were seated promptly at a table that actually too small for our large group. The menu that we received was limited to fairly expenSive Italian dishes and steak/seafood. We asked if there was a bar menu....there was and a few of our group ordeed from it.

service was slow to take our order but she was pleasant. Group ordered fried zucchini and mozzarella as apps....both good. Steaks off menu: choice of garlic butter or mushroom demiglace. Mushroom was great and garlic butter steak was not. Chicken Parmesan was excellent. Order extra sauce because it is tasty. If you are allergic or do notvlike cheese I would not recommend the sauce because it is made with it(excellent otherwise).

This was a great meal although the cramped seating.

A little overpriced

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank kymmie36

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to eat dinner.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife and I visit Tolerico's every month or two. They have consistently good food. On this visit, I had the Veal Marsala with the grilled asparagus (small upcharge) and the steamed vegetable medley (zucchini, squash, peppers). The meal was very hot when it arrived. The Marsala sauce was very good. The grilled asparagus was very good, though not as good as I have had previously there. If ordering this again, I would ask for the sides to be on separate plates, as their juices diluted the Marsala sauce.

My wife ordered, as per her usual, the meatball stromboli with a side of fresh cut fries. The fries were excellent, crispy and not greasy. The stromboli was very good, one of the better strombolis you will find in the area.

Their pasta is excellent. I particularly like the sweet sauce they offer. They have a meatloaf dish with fried onions on top that is outstanding. The turkey devonshire is very good, also.

My only complaint is the low-level smoke smell you get from the bar that shares the entry-way with the restaurant. There is a separate door to access the bar, but you still get smoke residue in the restaurant.

Overall, good restaurant, consistently good food, nice variety on the menu, reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TheBriGuy
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed November 13, 2010

My family have eaten in and taken out... and it is always wonderful! The staff is very friendly and ready to help.

Manor, Pennsylvania
“Great Dinner Intimate Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Just visited here for the second time and had a great dinner. I had the shrimp salad that had skewers of grilled shrimp. My husband had the hot roast beef sandwich. We both very much enjoyed our dinner, although my wine selection of the house cabernet was just so-so. We saw someone getting a pizza and that looked delicious also. I would recommend this place to friends and very much look forward to making a return visit.