“Great hotel; awkward location”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I stayed here for a business trip where we ended up getting to go to a Steelers game! Entry into the hotel parking lot is quite awkward. Entry to the hotel itself is also a little challenging other than the front entrance. Other than that, this hotel was one of the better ones that I've stayed in. The rooms were very spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The lobby is huge and easily used as a meeting place as well as an entertainment option with the large screen TV. Breakfast was more than filling and the wait staff were attentive while not being in a rush to kick us out.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I think that dollar for dollar, Courtyard by Marriott is the best hotel my daughter and I stayed at on our trip to Colorado. This was our first and it set the standard against which we judged all the other places we stayed. Clean, spacious room and bathroom, friendly staff, good restaurant recommendation, excellent breakfast buffet (except the bacon and sausage were a little greasy. Excellent coffee and a huge omelet!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Good location and very central to everywhere in Monroeville.
The rooms were OK and huge which was a great bonus, we loved the space. We stayed on the ground floor for 3 nights checked out and came back to the 3rd floor where the rooms had a balcony. Found the air-conditioning too noisy and couldn't sleep with the noise. It was nice to have an empty fridge where you could put your stuff. Amenities were basic but OK
The gym was basic but useful.
The experience was OK, nothing spectacular and the staff was friendly. We checked out a night earlier heading back to Chicago and the front desk handled the request extremely well. Would recommend it and use the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We were visiting suburb of Pittsburgh and booked one night stay at this hotel. It was very clean and nicely maintained. It has indoor pool (no lifeguard on duty - they had us sign a waiver for this) and a reasonable fitness center too. They have a hot tub too but we did not use any of these but checked them out of curiousity. Staff was very warm and friendly. Their breakfast was not free, but had plenty of choice as far as variety, kids loved it. Best thing personally for me was the wired internet within my room as I carried my laptop along. I'm happy for making this choice, and absolutely nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HydFan
Reviewed April 2, 2009

For a recent overnight trip to Pittsburgh, I booked two rooms for one night at the Courtyard Marriott in Monroeville through Priceline for $40 per room per night for my wife and me and another couple. The hotel is obviously quite new, so the lobby and rooms were in great condition, well maintained and quite clean. The orientation of the king bed in our room was unusual (not directly facing the TV, though the TV could be turned on its pedestal to face the bed), which meant that the four of us could sit on regular furniture to watch college basketball together without having to snuggle on the bed. The room, including the bathroom, was quite spacious. Free parking is always nice, and the proximity to a million restaurants and several interstate highways was quite convenient. We were in downtown Pittsburgh within 20 minutes. And we enjoyed a quick soak in the indoor hot tub.

Several minor irritations kept this from getting five stars from me. The access to the hotel was rather awkward, with a narrow winding driveway at a strange intersection behind a gas station. The breakfast buffet cost $9.95, which is well beyond what we were willing to pay. I'd much prefer a simpler, complimentary breakfast than a fancy, schmancy expensive one. And the internet access in the room was either not free or not working, so my wife had to sit in the hotel lobby at midnight to get free wireless internet access, which was silly.

With these few complaints aside, it was a pleasant stay at a quality hotel. I'd be happy to stay there again if we head to western Pennsylvania the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank clo110
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This is a really nice Courtyard property. It was very clean and the staff was excellent. I don't understand how it could be hard to see if you know where the Sheetz is. Check-in was smooth. The next day I had wanted to go to the Strip and the front desk manager was great about writing out the best directions for us. The breakfast was really good for the price - it is pretty much all you can eat and eggs are cooked to order. The resturant staff was also good. I stay in hotels for work at least once or twice a month, and this stay rated up there with the best of them.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 15, 2008

This was a fabulous hotel and the staff was outstanding. I have stayed a dozens of hotels over the past three years and this is a cut above the rest. Not only is it spotless clean (less than 3 years old) but the decor is all class. I left my make up case and they not only had it but sent it to me at there expense. I have changed my mind about Courtyard Marriotts and will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)