“A Great Place to Stay Near Pittsburgh”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Great Place to Stay Near Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the turnpike exit with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless and comfortable. Check in and check out was a breeze.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teleman2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice lobby, stays there on business, rooms laid out well. Bedding needs updating, could not sleep, Mattress is too old and bumpy, lousy old pillows, i could not believe that they cannot see how bad that mattress was.
I was to tired to complain and paid the price by staying up tossing and turning.
As a gold member for Marriott, certainly not up to the standards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nabilini
HeatherRitter, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Monroeville.. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance.

I apologize that the bedding was not up to standard and that you had to suffer through the night and did not get a good night sleep.

If you could contact me either by email, cy.pitmr.gm@marriott.com or phone, 412.856.8680 to discuss this further, I would like to take care of this issue for you.

Heather
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Front desk service was top notch! I was very pleased with the bistro/bar in the lobby. They had a great breakfast food selection and they served Starbucks coffee! The lobby also had a great sitting area for reading or watching TV.

My room was very comfortable and clean! Great TV and desk! Bathroom was large, comfortable and clean.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank prolwing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for one night. Quite surprised by the beautiful hotel. Check in easy and quick, very clean lobby with great amenities as far as snacks, coffee, food, etc. Offered an upgraded room for being a Marriott member. Room was more like a suite. Beautiful, clean, and very roomy. Bed was so comfortable. Showerheqd was unbelievable. Great place!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine701
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here for a night. Rooms clean and the bedding comfortable. Enjoyed sitting down in the lobby/lounge in the evening having a drink .
We only ate breakfast in the hotel as there are a lot of options nearby.
Staff was friendly and gave some suggestions for dinner nearby.(we went with Max &Erma's as there are none near us at home )

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank habs1609
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I am a Marriot Gold Elite member. I typically enjoy my stays with the Marriott brand. Not this time unforetunately. The kitchen made mistakes on both days I stayed. The staff was very blasé about correcting the order. The front desk was also ambivalent about my issues with my bill. This was a real surprise to me. I typically enjoy Marriott hotels.

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Steve B
HeatherRitter, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Monroeville.Your willingness to share your thoughts is genuinely appreciated. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance.

If you cuold please contact me either by email:cy.pitmr.gm@marriott.com or by phone 412.856.8680 so I can learn more about the issues you experienced and hopefully come to a resolution for you.

Heather
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel on a weekly basis since July of this year. The staff is awesome and very friendly and hotel was great and convenient until my last stay in November 2012. I was checking out early in the morning to catch a flight back home only to find a bed bug relaxing on the sheets. I searched for more and couldnt find any, but this has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth and I am not sure that I can come back again. while discussing with one of my trainees traveling with me, she also indicated that she noticed dirty bbathroom with urine stains on the floor, etc. Just wasnt a welcoming thought to imagine

Room Tip: inspect your rooms and bring sanitizers
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HeatherRitter, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your recent problems while staying at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville. While finding a bug in your bed is a very unpleasant thing to find, I can assure you that it is not a real bed bug. From your picture it looks like the infamous "stink" bugs that Pennsylvania has been harrased by for the last few years. After your check out we had our pest control company in to check the room since I did not see the picture that you showed to my Front Desk Agent. They deemed the room clean of any bugs. I can understand your concern and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have also spoken to the executive housekeeper to ensure that the issues your friend has mentioned are taken care of. We enjoyed your weekly visits and hope when you come back to Monroeville you choose to stay with us here at the Courtyard!