“Great Place for Group Get together”
Review of Gateway Grill

Gateway Grill
Ranked #1 of 130 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been here several times and have yet to have a bad meal. Can't beat a wood fired oven-makes the best pizzas and gives an outstanding flavor to the grilled chicken. My favorite place for Grilled Chicken Salad ever!! A few of our friends had the ribs, and pronounced them delicious. I am never hesitant to stop at Gateway Grill, it's always a satisfying experience!

1  Thank darbehoov

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have gone here countless times. Very good Food, Service and reasonable Priced. Love the Pizza, Ribs and Wings. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I stopped in to have a nice lunch.. It was crowded but I could not say a bad thing. There was no wait for a table, the servers are fantastic and the food is the best I have ever had.. I had the best breakfast, I love the fact that you can eat it all day long.. Great food, Great People Great service..

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This inconspicuous sports bar recommended by our hotel and we were pleasantly surprised on all accounts. We wanted to watch baseball game, dine and also sample local brewery products...did not expect 700 choices!! The food also had the local theme, we all had Philly Cheese Steaks, salad, soup or fries...delicious and large serving. It felt like a place the locals know and love. OK, so we spent two hours there and loved every minute!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great food at Gateway Grill!!! I have to admit the first time I went here several years ago I ordered a salad and thought..."eh, average food" Don't get me wrong, the salad was decent...but really people, its a salad. So I never bothered to go out of my way to try this place again.

Now....fast forward a few years and a group of us decided to stop in for a quick bite and I ordered the wood fire grilled Western Burger. OMG! Delious! I craved this burger for 2 weeks until I begged the hubby for us to go back just so I could get it again! During that visit, my son had the Spicy burger and loved it as well. Our other son had the ribs and said they were best he has had in a long long time. I would have to agree and on our 4th visit I ordered my own and are among the best. Fall off the bone yummy!

On our 5th visit, between the group of us we tried the steak (which was good, not great, but still tasty) the ribs again, the burger again, both excellent as always. A new item tried this visit was the fish club: a tasty piece of lightly battered cod with 3 large battered shrimp covered in melted cheese garnished with the standards on a soft hoagie bun - MY NEW FAVORITE FISH SAMMY!!! I know where my "go to" place will be during Lent this year!!!

On our 6th visit, our group stuck with the ribs, burgers and tried the wedding soup with good reviews and the steak hoagie which was stated as being very good; not the best he has had, but tasty none the less.

On our 7th visit, the burger, fish, ribs and wings was the groups decision. All well received as usual.

Are you seeing a pattern people?! lol....

While dining in, we noticed many many pizzas being served and they all look amazing as they we delivered right from the wood fired ovens. As also did the strombolis and calzones, which are next on our list to try.

As many others mentioned, there s a wide range of beer selections to choose from and coolers on the upper level for you to explore the assortment. The place is always busy, obviously for a reason. So get up and go try some great food at this local neighborhood favorite and you won't be disappointed.

I write this review as the hubby is on his way to retrieve a take out order to stop my crazy cravings of this wonderful food of which I write about. Go try it for yourself and be the judge. My verdict is in :)