“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gateway Grill

Gateway Grill
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I stopped in to have a nice lunch.. It was crowded but I could not say a bad thing. There was no wait for a table, the servers are fantastic and the food is the best I have ever had.. I had the best breakfast, I love the fact that you can eat it all day long.. Great food, Great People Great service..

• Visited September 2013

Clifton Springs, New York
“Fun atmosphere, delicious food, and 700 beers!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This inconspicuous sports bar recommended by our hotel and we were pleasantly surprised on all accounts. We wanted to watch baseball game, dine and also sample local brewery products...did not expect 700 choices!! The food also had the local theme, we all had Philly Cheese Steaks, salad, soup or fries...delicious and large serving. It felt like a place the locals know and love. OK, so we spent two hours there and loved every minute!!

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The jury is done deliberating and determined....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great food at Gateway Grill!!! I have to admit the first time I went here several years ago I ordered a salad and thought..."eh, average food" Don't get me wrong, the salad was decent...but really people, its a salad. So I never bothered to go out of my way to try this place again.

Now....fast forward a few years and a group of us decided to stop in for a quick bite and I ordered the wood fire grilled Western Burger. OMG! Delious! I craved this burger for 2 weeks until I begged the hubby for us to go back just so I could get it again! During that visit, my son had the Spicy burger and loved it as well. Our other son had the ribs and said they were best he has had in a long long time. I would have to agree and on our 4th visit I ordered my own and are among the best. Fall off the bone yummy!

On our 5th visit, between the group of us we tried the steak (which was good, not great, but still tasty) the ribs again, the burger again, both excellent as always. A new item tried this visit was the fish club: a tasty piece of lightly battered cod with 3 large battered shrimp covered in melted cheese garnished with the standards on a soft hoagie bun - MY NEW FAVORITE FISH SAMMY!!! I know where my "go to" place will be during Lent this year!!!

On our 6th visit, our group stuck with the ribs, burgers and tried the wedding soup with good reviews and the steak hoagie which was stated as being very good; not the best he has had, but tasty none the less.

On our 7th visit, the burger, fish, ribs and wings was the groups decision. All well received as usual.

Are you seeing a pattern people?! lol....

While dining in, we noticed many many pizzas being served and they all look amazing as they we delivered right from the wood fired ovens. As also did the strombolis and calzones, which are next on our list to try.

As many others mentioned, there s a wide range of beer selections to choose from and coolers on the upper level for you to explore the assortment. The place is always busy, obviously for a reason. So get up and go try some great food at this local neighborhood favorite and you won't be disappointed.

I write this review as the hubby is on his way to retrieve a take out order to stop my crazy cravings of this wonderful food of which I write about. Go try it for yourself and be the judge. My verdict is in :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tucson, Arizona
“Great neighborhood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped at the Gateway Grill because it was right beside/behind the Days Inn where we were staying. We walked to it and were immediately enveloped in the atmosphere. Booths and tables. Newspaper articles about sports teams, both young men and young men, and pictures on the walls. Our server was gracious and patient while we decided finally settling on a salad and splitting one of the cheesesteaks -- the one with green peppers and onions. We don't plan on going to Philadelphia so this might be it for us. Our meal was served promptly and was delicious. This was a friendly place to end a long day of driving -- and being slowed down in traffic. For a casual meal, it's perfect.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Service was exceptional (Thanks Jessica!) With a terrible experience at the Hilton, our morning started out great with fantastic suggestions and even better food.

Visited August 2013