“fabulous view can be deceiving”
Review of Monterey Bay Fish Grotto - CLOSED

Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Monroeville Mall
Description: Thank you for considering Monterey Bay Fish Grotto for your affair. Our award-winning restaurant has always taken pride in its level of standards and excellence. These exceptional standards are reflected in our mouth-watering fresh fish and impeccable service. Our guests have come to expect this level of quality in every aspect of our main dining room as well as our private dining rooms. Monterey Bay Fish Grotto's fish is fresh and flown in from a number of locations on the East Coast, West Coast and Hawaiian Islands. for this reason we are the regions Premier Fresh Fish Restaurant offering 20 kinds of fresh fish in an array of original, delicious styles
Reviewed July 5, 2012

On our visit to see family we decided to go here for dinner, as we heard it was wonderful. My sea bass was a very tiny serving and was served with a cabbage type coleslaw, which was tasteless. My sister's grouper was the thinest piece I'd seen and both of our entrees were luke warm. We also ordered a side dish of spinach, which we were told was very hot and not to touch the dish. When we tasted the spinach it was luke warm. We decided to send everything back, which we very seldom do, however, paying $30 an entree it was warranted. When we got our food back they had given us our same plates back with the tiny piece of fish and now it was dry and overcooked. The spinach was only a touch warmer than before. I have to add that my husband's whole fish that he ordered was very good and hot. Be careful what you order and by the way if you want wine be prepared to pay a premium even $10.00 for a glass of house wine. Way overpriced!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place takes is a dining experience. Located on Mount Washington where the city spreads out below you - great view! Take the glass elevator up, up and up til it opens into an open window-walled dining experience. Any meal you order will be a mouthwatering treat! The crab cakes are one of my favorites! And if you have room for desert - they make some wonderful temptations - I'm quite partial to their carrolt cake! A special occasion kind of place - a bit pricy, but worth the meal and view.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stopped here for a nice lunch while visiting the Monroeville Mail. I ordered the special of the month, which was a mango glazed scottish salmon sandwich. It was excellent with a large portion and excellent flavor. The sweet potato fries were also excellent. My friend ordered the tuna salad, which also looked excellent, but the portion size was a bit small and the tuna looked a bit overcooked. In general though the experience was excellent with a unique atmosphere. Prices seemed a bit high for lunch time though.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have always loved this place - everything has been very good - crab cakes are the very best

Reviewed April 9, 2012

You cannot get a better view of the city than this. Great sushimi and cocktails.

1  Thank rms68