“Good Veg food”

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Veg food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the oldest Indian restaurants in US and very Good Veg food. The thali was very good.The dosa and the poori were good. But wish the accompaniment, the chutney and sambar were spicier. Conveniently located near the SV temple. make a trip after mandir visit is a must here...

• Visited July 2013

Pennington, New Jersey
“Slightly above average!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a vegetarian Indian restaurant. we only tried the medhu vada, rava dosa and poori. The medhu vada tasted like it was just warmed in the oven. The dosa and the poori were good. But wish the accompaniment, the chutney and sambar were spicier. Conveniently located near the SV temple. Cheap to very ordinary looking ambience. Will do if you are hungry or want the vegetarian food before or after visiting the temple.

Chennai (Madras), India
“Not a friendly Indian Restaurant !”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Food is average ! The service was really very poor ! Especially the manager was very rude ! The quality of food is definitely a question. The sambhar was very watery ! Coconut chutney was not fresh. Overall we didn't like the service and the food in the restaurant. Definitely not a good choice for Indian food in that area.

Hartford, Connecticut
“It was WOW!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I travelled to the Sri Venkateswara Temple last weekend with my family and on my way I found this restaurant.
I saw on website that there are 2 more Indian Restaurants in the same place but this one had the maximum rating of all, 87 compared to 12 for the next highest. I decided to go there. First look at the restaurant was not that impressive but then I noticed that there is no space in the parking lot.
It must be something, I told to myself.
Went into the restaurant and inside also it did not look that impressive but I had to stand in a queue to get a place to sit. After 5-10 minutes I got a table.

Its a complete vegetarian South Indian restaurant. I ordered a plate of Idli and Vada. Also a plate of their starter platter. Both were awesome...

We tried their Palak Paneer and Baigan Bharta, and again, both exceeded my expectation. We also tried their Paneer Dosa and Sada Dosa. Both were good. Chutney and Samber was also good.

I had such a great South Indian food after all most two years. The total bill for 4 of us came to $55 or so. Looking at the quality of food, it did not look at all high to me.

If I ever visit the same place, I would surely go to the same place again.

Thumbs up for Udipi cafe! If you like South Indian food, it is a "must visit"

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Very tasty Indian vegetarian food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I should say this restaurant has one of the best Indian (authentic) vegetarian food. Cooking is my hobby and believe me the food here was mouth watering. We had Medu wada, chole batura, Poori, Manchurian, Rava dosa, Samosa between four of us. Food was excellent. I would go here again any time.

The owner is from Karnataka and you get very authentic South Indian food such as Idli, Dosa, Vada etc. They also have good north Indian food.

The bad: Service not up to the mark, may this is due to lot of customers. We had ordered Mango lassi and never got it. The place is not so great looking and AC was not working properly. It was hot and little uncomfortable. The items are also pricey.

Finally, I should recommend this restaurant since the food was very good. The food is spicy, hot and tasty. Very authentic. We loved it.

• Visited June 2013