“The food is fabulous.”

India Garden
Ranked #67 of 131 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a wonderful Indian restaurant with excellent choices and very tasty food. I have been there for the lunch buffet multiple times and have always come out felling I just ate awesome food.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

The food is good, very authentic in my extensive Indian food eating experience :), and theres coupons online. and if you go tuesday or sunday nights, they have a good dinner buffet and its cheap! the thing i dont like is how the owner/waiters push a ton of stuff on you...tell you to get the special (only like $25) and recommended to a friend of mine she try the salmon when she had never had indian before (salmon, really?? oh it happens to be one of the most expensive things on the menu. hmm) overall its a good place if you know what youre ordering or arent easily bulied lol, and the staff are really nice... oh and make sure you add up your bill yourself because last time I went it was added wrong and we almost paid a few bucks too much. honest mistake!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were group of colleagues who visited this place for dinner.Please avoid this place in evenings, the place is totally empty with just one or two people who will serve very very average food. In the end you will feel like you have been taken for a ride. The lunch buffet could be a slightly different story though but I doubt that would be the case. I would advise to avoid this place unless you want to waste your money and eat very average quality & taste food.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This outstanding Indian restaurant is one of the best in the area. My husband and I go there weekly. Their daily buffet is excellent. All fresh made food and a great variety. The mark of good indian food is when each dish has its own distinct flavor. This is always the case at India Garden. A variety of dishes and great flavors. You can't go wrong with the price either. 2 for the buffet is less than $20!!! This is a deal if you like great Indian food. We drive 1 hour each way to get there and it is well worth it. This Western PA Indian restaurant is one of the best.

2  Thank happytraveler8147
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My family has been visiting India Garden on a monthly basis for three years and we have had many good meals. The buffet has an excellent offering and the dishes are generally tasty and well prepared.

Within the last month however we have gone to India Garden twice in the evening when the buffet wasn't available and have had less successful results. Our last visit, with a guest from out of town was very disappointing and involved a terrible interaction with the owner/manager.

We ordered substantial meals and our guest, who had spent years overseas and in India decided to order an Indian beer that was advertised on the table tent. On the table tent it said $4. Other beers said "large bottle" and were $7. There was no size option for the beer our guest ordered. The beer arrived and our guest remarked about the size and the value. The server said nothing.

Our food arrived and was a mixed bag. They ask you to order your food for spiciness on a scale of 1 - 10. Our guest ordered her lamb dish a six and I ordered my meal a seven. Our food arrived and her food was remarkably hot - much hotter than my seven. We mentioned this to the server who did offer to have them prepare the dish again. The meal came back and the cure seemed to have been the addition of rice to the dish - the other ingredients, especially the lamb were notably absent.

Our other meals were decent enough and everything would have been fine, except when we paid, I used an online gift certficate that I had purchased. The service (to which the restaurant subscribes) offers $50 gift certficates for half price. The gift certificates state that they cannot be used for alcohal or tax. Our food bill alone totaled well over $50. The owner/manager's response was to deduct the $50 from the total and then double charge for the alcohal and tax. Plus, the beer that was advertised for $4 was charged at $7. I brought this to his attention and explained that our food purchase alone was over $50. I requested that he put the food on one check and the beverages on the other. He agreed to do that. Regarding the beer, he said that the $4 was a small beer and we got a large beer. I suggested that he modify his advertising as there was no size option and what they were doing amounted to a bait and switch. He did not change the beer charge and also ended up not crediting the full $50 of the gift certificate - he reduced it by the amount of the tax.

This negotiation took over 45 minutes and I was still overcharged by about $10. I told the owner that he had lost a loyal customer who had previously recommended the restaurant to numerous people and he didn't seem the least bit concerned.

Also, the restrooms were filthy with two of the three stalls in the ladies room out of order and the remaining stall so dirty that our guest decided to wait until we got home.