“Love Mexican Food”

El Campesino
Ranked #35 of 131 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We used to frequent another local Mexican restaurant and one day decided to try this one. We never went back to the other one. The food was comperable to the other restaurant but the value at El Campesino was much better. The service is fabulous and the place has a nice atmosphere. Alot more for your money. I have to admit at this time though I have only tried a few dishes because I find it difficult to get something other than the fajitas. I hope to change the food quality to excellent after trying a few more dishes.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant itself is clean and pretty large for being in a strip mall. Our service was good but a little on the slow side. The food was tasty and hot. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Nothing too memorable but we would go back to satisfy a Mexican food craving.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We visit El Campesino in Monroeville regularly for lunch and dinner. The servise is always very good and polite. the menu is substantial and the food is always very good. Portion sizes are generous, drinks refilled without asking. the meal always begins with complimentary chips and salsa which is a flavorful start. If you like Mexican, you will enjoy El Campesino in Monroeville.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Always enjoy this place, especially the fajitas nd the Dos Equis!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I went here today with the hopes of having a nice lunch with friends. The waiter was very unpleasant and unwilling to answer my friend's question regarding the spiciness of a particular dish. Not sure if he didn't like his job or just didn't like customers but he made it apparent in his demeanor.

To say the least, the food was tasteless and bland, only a step up from fast food. No need to worry about being too hot as neither the seasoning or temperature were as expected. When we finally received/paid our check, not even a courtesy Thank You or any other form of acknowledgement from the server ... he just trotted off to his next table to provide them with equally invisible service.

This was my first and "last" experience at the El and it doesn't surprise me that at the height of the lunch hour the restaurant wasn't very full. I would advise anyone who is hungry for authentic mexican food with a more personable staff to drive 3 minutes east to Patron on Mall Blvd. I plan on going there later this week to satify my craving for Mexican food since I don't think that's what I was served today.

5  Thank PittsburghDavid