“Dinner ”

Saga Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Ranked #91 of 131 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

1/2 price sushi Monday which was nice. We had the California roll which was good but not the best I've had. We had a Groupon that I paid $13 for $25 worth of food but a hibachi meal was around $17 for the cheapest one so we still ended up paying quite a bit for the meal. Overall food was good and it wasn't busy at all we were the only ones at our grill.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I love sushi. During a recent trip I was referred to this restaurant as a local sushi bar. It dosen't look like much from the outside and gets worse when you enter.

Wait staff were shockingly rude. I gave them the benefit of the doubt initially as they were mainly chinese, but clearly the gap is not language related.

I was so skeptical about the quality I almost left, but ended up ordering dragon and rainbow rolls which were passable.

Overall, i am glad i didnt get sick from the food and left zero tip. I cannot give any reason for anyone to try this restaurant. The service is rude and the food risky. Unless you are comfortable with risking a GI infection, give it a miss..

Reviewed June 23, 2017

If I could give this place no stars I would. I am not a negative person, but this restaurant I am sorry is horrible. Being a prior restaurant owner and in the field for years, I know that customer satisfaction should be above all else. They have never met or exceeded expectations. I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt as I have done with other places. The hibachi is okay at best. I have had it twice. The front waiter restaurant service is horrible. They are not friendly nor do they offer an attempt at good service. I have never had a good experience, either the food wasn't cooked properly, the food was cold or lacked flavor or taste. It is never crowded when I have gone, and see no reason for the service to be as poor as it is. The sushi was never wrapped tight enough and fell apart with the chop stick. The soup has been cold or luke warm at best. The tea lacks taste all together. I am sure others have had a great experience and enjoy the place. I do not recommend this place nor will I return. My recommendation would be Yoko's in the Waterfront in Homestead.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

Took the family on a Saturday night before Father's Day. We went early with a reservation as I anticipated a crowd later. They seated us after the couple who came behind us without a reservation.
The service was prompt and polite. The hibachi show was so-so. The food was just OK. The only real problem was that my 2 vegetarian daughters ordered the vegetable hibachi. The chef cooked it after the meat, so they didn't want it because it all tasted like meat. I had the deluxe sushi which was OK.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

Your typical Japanese hibachi food. Only came here because I had a Groupon that I had been trying to use. Probably won't go back. The food is average. The service was good despite being understaffed and busy.