“Horrific Behavior By Staff - DO NOT GO - PEOPLE WALKED OUT THEY WERE SO APPALLED”

Saga Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Ranked #91 of 131 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Came in with a friend who lives 3 hours away and we asked the hostess if we could both use Groupons. She told us yes, and I asked...even if we are at the same table, and she said yes again then my friend purchased one. When we got to the back they said we could not use it since we walked in together. They said the hostess was new and it was her first day. (even if it was true...which I doubt...they shouldn't have her own her own if she isn't trained...she represents the business). When I tried to explain that they needed to honor what they told us up front, they got rude. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there wasn't anyone there (on a Saturday night...right!). The waiter printed the Groupon rules which said one per group and insisted that since we walked in together we were only eligible for one at the same table. So I said fine..my mom and I will go to another table, so we got up, got back in line and were seated at another table. We figured that would be the end of it but hear them yelling at my friend across the room. The woman got in his face and told him to leave. I started to head over to see what was happening and the other folks at the table got up and left and told them they did not like how they were treating us and said they were taking their business elsewhere. I told everyone I was done too and was preparing to leave when the woman that was in my friends face finally said she would call her supervisor for an exception then seconds later (super fast call to explain everything that happened) said she would make as exception because she didnt want us to post anything negative on the Internet. Ummm...TOO LATE! You do not behave that way to paying customers, especially in front of a 10 year old child that was with us! If your hostess didnt tell us that two groupons were ok, my friend would have never purchased. The fact that we asked that you honor your word and you turn rude and nasty and get in our faces in front of a child is totally unacceptable! I was trying to take my mother out for a nice dinner and you completely ruined our experience. You should be ashamed and embarrassed as a business. We will never be back and have already started telling everyone as know what happened so they never go either.

1  Thank JAnderson1974

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Seafood miso soup and tuna and salmon rolls. Solo visit so I sat at the bar. Bartender was very friendly and helpful. I will be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We go here a lot. A great night out with friends. The food, sushi or Hibatchi is top notch!!! Prices are in line with the average for a Hibatchi sushi place. The people are nice and the table top chefs are fun. If you woop it up with them they will woop it up with you. Great times.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're at the mall and looking for a place to eat but don't want to cut into all of your shopping time, go to Saga and ask to seat in the bar dining area. You will get the same excellent Hibachi meal at a much quicker pace. Saga is also one of the few Hibachi's that provides noodles and rice. A win in my book.

I have no issues with sitting around the cooking table, but sometimes you are in a little more of a hurry and just have a hunger for the food.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to the restaurant with my family and friends. I don't think I would return. The food is just average if that. I have been to many other hibachi like restaurants that I think are much better. I also did not like how dark it was in the restaurant.