“Good Value”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed July 28, 2014

When there were very few rooms to be found around Pittsburgh last weekend, this find was a good one. Very nice rooms, good price, lots of food/entertainment options nearby. Front desk staff not rude, but not overly friendly. Breakfast staff very nice. Breakfast is included, and is average.

Room Tip: Our room view was the toll road, so a bit noisy, but again, it was the last room we could find, so w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
JoAnn D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I'm glad that we could accommodate you by having a room available. It was a very busy weekend in Monroeville and all of the hotels were booked. I apologize that the front desk staff did not meet your expectations. Customer Service is our #1 Goal and when we don't meet our goal, I take it very personally. I hope you come back and stay with us again so that we can show you how we shine!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! The staff at front desk were very welcoming and remembered our names, greeting us every morning and asking about our stay. Breakfast was great and the staff there was great to my children; even changing the channels on the TV to cartoons and giving them little notepads. Pool was warm and workout facilities were great! Outdoor seating for breakfast was also a plus. There is a mini-golf course located right across from the hotel and the area offers tons of restaurants and shopping! Also, not a bad drive to zoo and Kennywood. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
1  Thank Nicky S
Reviewed July 15, 2014

First for the pros: Staff was attentive and courteous--both at the check in and out. The beds and pillows were surprisingly comfortable. The TV was very clear and the internet was fairly quick.

As for the motel-- I will not stay here again. We checked in at midnight and they only room they had left was next to the toll booth. This motel is located right next to the toll booth for the turnpike, you get to hear all the trucks going through their gears to build up speed as well as all the trailers bouncing on the uneven concrete. It was horrible. I finally fell asleep around 1:15 am and at 7 am a truck hit the horn and I was up.

My daughter noticed the layout of the room itself was odd. The beds are one 1 side of the room and a couch (sleeper) on the other. They placed a tv basically in between the two on a table. You can turn the tv toward you, but cannot move it. That means that if you are in the bed or on the couch, you cannot lay/sit directly in front of the tv. We only watched TV for a few minutes in the morning so to me it was not a big deal.

If you are guaranteed a room away from the turnpike side, this will probably be a good place to stay, but for us we will not return.

The room was free we stayed on a promotion Marriott ran. If I paid anything I would of complained. The hotel should of spent a lot more money on way better windows and made the walls thicker to block the noise. They could of really helped eliminate some of the noise.

Room Tip: Dont get a room next to the highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that the hotel room did not meet your expectations. We understand that the turnpike side of the hotel can be noisy at times. For guests that are light sleepers, this can be an issue. For other guests, the turnpike does not seem to be a problem. We always try to accommodate the requests of our guests who would not like to be on the turnpike, but unfortunately, this is not always possible, and for that I apologize. I'm glad you enjoyed the bed and the pillows. When we renovated the hotel last year all of the mattresses and pillows were replaced which has helped our guests get a good night sleep.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Nice hotel but location was challenging. Off Highway and no street sign at the turn. Street look like an alleyway. Room clean and comfortable bed. Layout of bedroom challenging for a big man for getting into closet. Breakfast was good nice and fresh. Workout room good. Thank you for the headphones. We arrived early and our room was ready. Yeah

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed 2 nights while visiting the Pittsburgh area. A bit of a challenge to get to as it is located on a short drive off a busy thoroughfare. Also, as we had driven all day, we prefer to walk to dinner and did so, but the staff at the restaurant was so concerned about our safety, they offered repeatedly to drive us back to the hotel. That being said, I was impressed by the lobby/breakfast area decor and the hallways and rooms were also quite attractive. As mentioned by other reviewers, it it next to the tollway exit. I am a light sleeper and was concerned but was able to sleep without any issues. Above average food selection offered at breakfast, including fresh melon and strawberries. About a 30 min drive to downtown Pittsburgh post-morning rush hour.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
JoAnn D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for staying with us in June. I totally understand the frustration you have trying to find the road our hotel is on. Since our property was built, buildings have gone up around us and it is not as visible as we would like it to be. In addition, there are zoning restrictions that prohibit us from putting a sign on the main road. If you visit us again, it's easy to remember to take the first left off of the turnpike and look for the large giraffe on the right side of the road. Our hotel is directly across from him. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business. Rooms were large clean and the bed awesome. Breakfast buffet was well above average. Large hd tv and free wifi provided the necessary amenities. Has an indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night while in Pittsburgh. The front desk staff was very friendly and had us checked in quickly. We also arrived a bit early and they had a room available. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I slept like a baby that night. The breakfast was good. My only 2 complaints here was that they did not have waffles like so many hotels now have and they only had one toaster so we had to wait a while for all the other guests to toast their bread. The hotel elevator was very slow and it made all sorts of noises, you I would advise that this gets fixed. I would definitly stay at this hotel again the next time we are in the area. The hotel is off the main road on a small street so it is very easy to miss this street if you are half asleep when coming to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family