“Fantastic! Loved It! Friendly Staff!”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here Feb 15th for one night. We loved it. Plenty of room to spread out. Kitchen has full size fridge. There is a toaster, two burner cooktop (no oven), microwave and dishwasher. The bed was comfortable. Nice size flat screen tv. The sofa was nice. Really liked the foot stool that fit under the coffee table - nice! Very good breakfast served at the hotel. Quiet location away from the turnpike. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The staff were very helpful and kind. The hotel is located a short drive from the mall. Had no problem getting in or out of the hotel as there is a traffic light. Perfect for business travelers as well as for families or couples. The pool looked nice (didn't use it this time). This is the place to stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bagspacked123
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is the best hotel I've stayed in for some time. The value was outstanding, with room rates comparable to many lesser hotels in lesser locations. The location was excellent, being right off Business 22 and within easy driving distance of many Monroeville locations and close to I-376 (and Pittsburgh). Even better--it's set back a bit from the road so road noise is not an issue. The property is VERY nice and new, the lobby is beautiful and the rooms are great.

I will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Storm27
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed here as on on-the-road stop on a recent trip to Michigan, based upon the good reviews on TripAdvisor. The place is new; the room was beautiful -- nicely decorated, clean, comfortable. The only problem was that about half the cable channels weren't working, something that was disclosed by the front desk the minute I checked in.

Bed was comfortable; kids liked the place; we felt like we were on vacation. We paid a bit more than I usually would have, but considering the quality of the property, it was worth it. A lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarahste
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is the best hotel for anyone with their pet as well as for any guest without a pet.
The exceptional cleanliness is throughout the hotel! There is not a trace of a pet in the room prior to our stay. Our puppy did not detect the scent of another animal having been in the room.The decor has a modern feel. The efficiency type room with all the amenities is just like at home. The hotel recognizes technology needs, thank goodness. When I got to the room I needed to charge my cell phone. That is when I realized I forgot my charger and before I could panic I saw the clock radio with a dock to charge a phone! The lobby is outstanding for visiting with others - seating arrangements with TV's in each space, fireplace, tables and counter.- Great for eating the good complementary breakfast and evening social meals. All employees are friendly. Location is great - set one property distance from the highway so it is quiet. Stores, restaurants, service stations, Monroeville Mall all within a mile. Check in - they had all the prior requests and information. Check out was easy - bill slid under door early AM. The only hotel I will stay in when in Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - quiet, easy in and out, close to lobby for breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Beth L
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I spent one night here December 23. I live in the area, but had a free night voucher that was about to expire. This hotel is brand new-opened earlier this year, I think. Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect. A quick and friendly check-in, a follow up phone call to make sure all was satisfactory. I stayed in a king studio. The room was immaculately clean. The decor was beautiful. The usual fully equipped Residence Inn kitchen. Comfy seat and sofa bed, awesome bedding. Good sized bathroom with shower massage head(great for my aching neck). They had the softest snow white towels I have ever had at a hotel. Huge LG flat screen with lots of channels(no HD though). The hotel had a decent fitness room and a small indoor pool. The complimentary breakfast was great-the usual cold/continental items, plus scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and 2 waffle makers with loads of good(albeit unhealthy) toppings. The eating/lobby seating area was nice- a few "booths" with personal TV's, other seats around a fireplace and several big screen TV's.
My stay was brief, but fantastic. Since I live in the area, I can't say I would need to stay here again. However, I DEFINITELY would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jmat
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Great price, location, and staff. The hotel appears brand new and is very clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when the need presents itself.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I were coming into town for a Steelers game...I procrastinated and waited to the last minute to book a hotel. All the hotels downtown were sold out. Reading the reviews on line, I figured I would give this hotel a try. The staff (friendly and helpful), breakfast, the room (size, attributes and cleanliness) were all excellent! I would stay again! BTW - the approx. 8 mile drive on game day was a breeze (I am from NY and used to a heck of allot more traffic). I will also mention that as a 33 year fan of the Steelers, but first time attending a game in Pitt, I applaud the city and their citizens...we met nothing but friends we never knew we had....can't wait for the next game...GO STEELERS!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple