“Great Value But Some Issues”

Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Great Value But Some Issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I chose to stay at this Super 8 due to decent reviews, a great price, and its proximity to Kennywood. The man working the front desk was not outwardly friendly nor in any way rude, just indifferent. The hallway was smelly and a tad creepy mainly based on an odd paint scheme and lighting. The room itself was small but fine and seemed clean enough.

While everything up to this point was fine and exactly what I expected based on the price I payed, the real problems came when it was time to sleep. The bed was very uncomfortable, which again for the price I guess was to be expected. My main concern was that you could hear everything going on in all rooms surrounding you and then some. I woke up several times during the night to our neighbors talking loudly until 3 in the morning. It was almost like being in the room with our neighbors all night long. So the combination of hard bed with the noise really ruined the visit.

High Points- Price, Cleanliness, and Location (however it being close to everything in Pittsburgh, the immediate surrounding area lacked any good places to eat fast food or otherwise.)

Low Points- If you want to get sleep, I don't recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DejaVuNitro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed at this motel over the Memorial day weekend. It was clean and the people manning the front desk were very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. All areas were clean and neat, the beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast was minimal but adequate and there were not enough tables for people for a holiday weekend. This hotel was a good value with many services nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

Stay was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Stayed September 2008
CLT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

Hotel was good. We just styed for the night. It was good. Good customer service.
Room was clean

Stayed September 2008
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

Stayed here on a Friday night for $62.99 plus taxes. It's a 3 mile drive off the Interstate which is rather dark at night. The place was almost EMPTY! We didn't try the "breakfast" (rarely do in any free breakfast hotel unles it's hot) but found that there's nowhere around to get cooked breakfast except back past the Interstate. We didn't like the fact that the back door was unlocked during the day (had a sign saying locked after 11PM)

Pluses.

Clean
Not too old
Free WiFi that worked well
Well lit parking lot
Interior corridors

Minus

Pet Friendly (for us)
Early morning traffic noise from main road
Nowhere to eat nearby
Inconvenient distance from interstate
No elevator
Back door unlocked during day

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed in this Super 8 the weeked of August 8-10. We were in town to go to Kennywood and Sandcastle water park. Then motel is about 20 minutes away from each and in a convienent location. Check in went smoothly. We had a non-smoking king bed room which was very clean. The room has a coffee maker and mini-fridge which is nice. The bed was a little harder then I like it but for $75/night the price was right. This particular weekend the motel was a ghost town! The first night we were one of about ten cars in the parking lot and the second night we were one of two. The only disapointing thing is that this motel does not have a pool. The day we went to Kennywood was one of the hottest days of the summer and it would have been awesome to be able to come back and take a dip in the pool. The motel does offer a breakfast which had cereal, juices, toast, and muffins. Overall we would stay here again for a quick trip through town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

On June 20, 2009, aftr a DMB show I stayed at the Super 8 located on 8991 University Blvd. in Coraopolis, Moon Township, PA (Phone # [--]). The staff was so friendly and welcoming, and the room was well worth the $60+. It was very clean which is one of the things you usually do not get for a $60 room. But the reason I am so enamored with the Super 8 is because it has good people working there.
I had forgotten some clothes on the back hook of the bathroom door, and by the time I realized they were missing, I was back home in Chicago. So I called and spoke to a night manager, Bob, who was extremely helpful and told me that one of the housekeepers turned them in. He instructed me to speak to Laurie, who went above and beyond her job duties by driving to a UPS store to ship my belongings. At any other hotel, I am positive my things would've been long gone. That is why I am giving my complete gratitude and appreciation to the wonderful people that work at Super 8. Your honesty and kindness show me that you can still find people doing good deeds no matter where you travel. THANK YOU SUPER 8!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends