“RIP OFF.”

Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Had an event in a nearby town. Front desk guy unwelcoming and indifferent. Charged the insane rate of 79$ plus tax, which came out to over 90$. Haven't paid that much for a room since I was doing work out on long island. If we didn't have to be at the worksite at 6am, would've explored other options. Hotel would've been ok. Room nothing special, reasonably fast internet.... but the price is 30$ too much.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Room was clean enough. The room above us had blasting music and people talking loudly at 10 pm. We called management. He walked around then came into our room because he said he didn't hear anything. He heard the music and asked what language we thought it was. He said he went upstairs and then called our room. He told he the people above us live there and that they work 14 hours a day. So they needed to relax. I tried to explain there was no point of us being there if we couldn't sleep. He said he understood to let him know if the noise stopped. This went on for 1 and 1/2 hours. The manager kept saying "this time I will personally go to talk to them." As exhausted as we were, we tried on the phone to find another hotel room but all the hotels in the area were booked. Finally at 11:30pm the music stopped but I was still awoken by these people at 2 am. I was offered $20 off my bill for my trouble, which I doubt it will reflect on my credit card. Also the continental breakfast consisted of 2 cereals, 2 typed of bread and 2 types of small muffins.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ArleneF31
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Last week was fourth time I have stayed here over past four years. The accomodations this time were best of the four. The bed was pretty shot last time, but this time it was perfectly acceptable. Aside from (apparently) pretty thin walls leading to above average noise, I think this place is a real value if the East Suburbs is your destination and you're on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I chose to stay at this Super 8 due to decent reviews, a great price, and its proximity to Kennywood. The man working the front desk was not outwardly friendly nor in any way rude, just indifferent. The hallway was smelly and a tad creepy mainly based on an odd paint scheme and lighting. The room itself was small but fine and seemed clean enough.

While everything up to this point was fine and exactly what I expected based on the price I payed, the real problems came when it was time to sleep. The bed was very uncomfortable, which again for the price I guess was to be expected. My main concern was that you could hear everything going on in all rooms surrounding you and then some. I woke up several times during the night to our neighbors talking loudly until 3 in the morning. It was almost like being in the room with our neighbors all night long. So the combination of hard bed with the noise really ruined the visit.

High Points- Price, Cleanliness, and Location (however it being close to everything in Pittsburgh, the immediate surrounding area lacked any good places to eat fast food or otherwise.)

Low Points- If you want to get sleep, I don't recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DejaVuNitro
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed at this motel over the Memorial day weekend. It was clean and the people manning the front desk were very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. All areas were clean and neat, the beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast was minimal but adequate and there were not enough tables for people for a holiday weekend. This hotel was a good value with many services nearby.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Stay was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Hotel was good. We just styed for the night. It was good. Good customer service.
Room was clean

Stayed: September 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroeville
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville? Share your experiences!