“Beautiful room - terrific employees!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Washington, DC
“Beautiful room - terrific employees!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

Our room was not only beautifully appointed, but the cleanest by far of any hotel I've recently stayed. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Pittsburgh area!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have the option to stay at any hotel chain that I want to when I travel for business. I LOVE this hotel. The rooms are awesome, the staff is great too. It is a quite, new, contemporary place to stay that is well worth the price. All that AND breakfast included...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Central New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

This hotel was more than expected! It was the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. The breakfast was wonderful, the shower was super and hello a flat screen TV in the bathroom??!! The staff was very friendly and accomadating. I would definately stay here again and again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Mifflintown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

I have been in this particular hotel fort approx 6 weeks and I must say it surpasses all other hotels i have previously stayed in. The quality of the service as well as the quality of the rooms was far superior to many others I have stayed in. The staff made you feel right at home( always courtious, friendly, and down to earth. The value of the hotel to the price paid was excellent.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

I was in Pittsburgh, Pa visiting family for a few days and had booked my hotel at the Extend a Stay hotwl, but ended up having a very bad experience there. After only one night at this chain, I decided to change my hotel. I had gone on the Choice Hotels website and saw that the Comfort Suites was new and nowopen, and decided to try out this hotel. I had he best experience at this establishment. The hotel staff was amazing to me and was very understanding of the situation that I had just left. They made my stay very enjoyable. The hotel itself was wonderful, it had all of the basic, and not so basic amenities that made me very comfortable. I have stayed at many hotels, both for buisness and pleasure, and this is one that I can absolutely guarantee that I will be staying at again whenver I am back in Monroeville, PA.

• Liked — The rooms were extremely comfortable and the layout and decor was amazing.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

We called to reserve a block of rooms for our out-of-town guests in preparation for our upcoming wedding. The hotel management demanded a credit card number for the booking. When asked why the credit card number was necessary, the manager stated that there would be a $50 charge in the event of room cancellations. The manager said that the contract explains the terms and conditions of this charge and would be provided via email. When requested to email the contract in accordance with his prior offer, the hotel manager stated that the contract could not be provided without first providing a valid credit card number. When asked why a credit card number would be required to view the terms and conditions, the manager stated that he checked with other hotels in the area and they all share the same policy. He then rudely suggested that we should take our business elsewhere.

We are happy to report that we did just that and we were able to reserve rooms in two other nearby hotels (Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn) without issue and for a cheaper nightly rate! We did not need to provide a credit card number to reserve the rooms at either of these hotels. The hotel management at these hotels was much friendlier and easier to deal with than the Comfort Suites.

We estimate that our out-of-town guests will require approximately 50 rooms and several of these will be booked for multiple nights. The Comfort Suites potentially lost out on multiple thousands of dollars worth of business because of shady business practices on the part of their management staff. Beware the Comfort Suites!!! Don't provide a credit card number for reservations anywhere without first being able to review the terms and conditions!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SunnyDayPittsburgh
directorofsales7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2009
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for all of our guest. We are a Brand new 40 room Boutique Hotel. Our group reservation policy states that we must have a credit card to hold the group. No charges are made to your card unless you tell us that you are paying for several guest's rooms.
The person that left this review, NEVER entered my hotel. Never dealt with any of the staff at the hotel. Never checked in or called the hotel. I personally dealt with her through 3 emails. She did not want to give her credit card to me and I understand her concern. After the third email, I felt that she would feel more at ease with another property here in Monroeville. This is for her wedding and I wanted her to be relaxed on her special day. All together, the staff has a combined total of 40 years of Guest Service Experience.
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

What a nice Hotel we enjoy our stay every time we come here. The staff is friendly and very helpful. This Hotel is a little diamond in the rough. Very clean.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)