“Wedding Night...Couldn't ask for a better hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wedding Night...Couldn't ask for a better hotel!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

First of all, my wedding was in 2011 and I can't believe I forgot to write a review for this wonderful hotel and would be remiss if I didn't share my thoughts so here it is.

We were searching for a hotel close to our reception hall and stumbled upon this gem! WOW is all that I can say. Everything was excellent, from the room accomodations to the delicious hot breakfast in the morning with yummy flavored wafflles, to our awaiting romance package, complete with sparkline wine and jacuzzi by the fireplace. Front desk staff was very accomodating especially when we realized we didn't have credit cards to check in...afterall we were still dressed in my gown and husband in tux!! The decor is fabulous, I had no idea this chain even existed! Definitely has the boutique feel. I'm so glad we decided to stay here. It was convenient to Monroeville yet far enough that we didn't have wedding guests popping in to visit! Thanks to the staff for making the beginning of married life a memorable one.

Room Tip: Couples...you must get a room with jacuzzi/fireplace...very relaxing and enjoyable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We very much appreciate and value your comments, and I will share this with our staff. We strive to be the best Hotel in the area and we have a outstanding staff. I am very pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am glad you chose us to start your new life together . Again I want to say thank-you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sharon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and stayed 1 night for the TSO concert Saturday and the comic con on Sunday. The rooms had a modern European decor and had been recently renovated. The lounge and was very pretty, and had a more upscale feel to it. Bathrooms were spacious with black marble tile and art nouveau sinks. Breakfast was your average fare, waffles, eggs bacon, cereal and assorted pastures. I did not use the fitness facility, and I don't believe they had an indoor pool. This was a smaller than average hotel but quite nice. Rooms were clean, although I did find debris along the baseboards along side the bed. No hotel will ever live up to my standards. All in all it was a good stay. If you need quick and easy access to the city with a good choice of restaurants this is a wise choice.

• Stayed December 2013
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We do have a different type of hotel with the decor. Our entire staff takes great pride in the Hotel, and I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future if you happen to come back this way. Again thank you for staying with us anf the review.
Frostburg
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the best little hotel. I loved it. I loved the decor, I loved the room, I loved the staff! Love, Love, Love. I actually keep trying to find a way to make it back here for a stay. my room was fabulous and I kept raving about it to my coworkers who have since decided to stay at this location as well. My room was perfect, an upgrade for me at check in. Fireplace above the whirlpool tub, very cool and modern bathroom with rain type shower. Comfortable and I didn't want to leave. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We have a wonderful Staff that go above and beyond for our Guest. We have a very unique hotel with the Décor. We appreciate all of the great comments that you wrote about us, and for telling you co-worker about our Hotel. We hope to us you soon. and again thank-you for your business.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. We stayed for the weekend Sat-Mon and couldn't have had a better experience. The room was so clean throughout. The beds were comfy and very fresh. My son loved the tv in bathroom, nice novelty. We are ones who will inspect rooms before unpacking making sure things are clean, all I can say......well done. Breakfast was usual offerings. Front desk employees are very friendly, we never passed by without a warm greeting from them. We did go into city for dinner and its only a 20 minute drive and easy.
The only issue I had was the entrance, if you aren't watching out for hotel then you could very easily pass it. They have some signs by entrance that block view of street coming out which makes it hard to see cars coming down street, careful of that. Outside of that, this was a diamond of a hotel. Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We had room beside elevator and didn't hear a peep of noise anywhere, Get room facing main road...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. We have a wonderful staff here and they all take great pride in their jobs, to have the best hotel for our guest to arrive to. I am thrilled that you had a great experience with us. We hope that when you are in the area, that you stop in to stay with us again. Hope to see you in the future to serve you again.
Jackson, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I stayed here for about a week all together. Stayed in a variety of 3 different rooms. This is a fairly new hotel and I miss it already!
Each room is situated to feel like your own little cave. Each room you walk into contains a long hallway that opens into the room. Each room also has its own doorbell, which is an awesome feature that keeps the hallways quiet!
Each bed has adjustable mood lighting over it, there is also mood lighting over the desk area. Each bathroom is equipped with the best shower I have ever had. The sides of the tub are extra wide to place your shower supplies on. All shower walls are a dark granite. The water itself at this hotel is treated to be enjoyably drinkable right from the faucet. You can smell the cleanliness from the water!
I got to stay in one of the jacuzzi suites for one night and it was the best jacuzzi suite I have ever seen in my entire life! It has all of the same room features, but has a secluded jacuzzi in the middle section of the room, it is separated from the bed area by a curved wall. It also has adjustable mood lighting over the jacuzzi, a third tv specifically for watching in the jacuzzi, and its own electric fireplace viewable from the jacuzzi! Absolutely the best!
I also had a chance to make a friend at the hotel and meet some of the great people that work here. My first day arriving in this hotel, I was their "Guest of the Day". It was the first day they started doing guest of the day and I was super excited! It literally made my whole day.
The lobby area to this hotel has a great glass waterfall sculpture and amazing detailed features throughout! I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Pittsburgh/ Monroeville area!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but if you can afford it... go for the jacuzzi suite its amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We would to thank you for taking the time for answering the survey. We do have a wonderful Hotel and a excellent staff . We take great pride in the way the hotel is ran. I really appreciate that you took the time to down loaded some pictures of the hotel, for other people to see what we have here to offer. So again thank you for all your great comments on the hotel.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Unfortunately I was only able to stay at this location for one day. I loved my room, this was the first Comfort Suites I have stayed in. I stayed in another one after this and the rooms weren't nearly as nice as these. The bath room has a good amount of space as well as the rooms. The staff greeted me with a smile and was happy to help. Every time I try to stay they are sold-out and I can understand why. I cant wait till I can return and stay a little longer then before!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
directorofsales7, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your first experience with the Comfort Suites brand was a good one. We take great pride in our hotel and in our friendly staff. I am pleased to hear that they greeted you with a smile and were so helpful. Please stay with us next time you are in the Monroeville area. We look forward to serving you again.

The Staff at Comfort Suites Monroeville
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We picked this hotel as a convenient sleeping point for a trip to Fallingwater, but also with plans to head into Pittsburgh. I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel's quality. The room was very spacious, with an extremely comfortable king-sized bed. The bathroom was very large (with a TV, to boot!) and well-appointed. The room had a microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge (which, I have to say, was a bit noisy at night, but as we weren't using it, unplugging it solved that problem). The breakfast buffet in the morning was good quality, for a hotel breakfast. Wi-fi was free, and worked well. For road-trippers, the location at the junction of the I-76 and I-376 was great. It's in the middle of suburbia, but we knew that when we booked it. Overall, a reasonable and comfortable night's stay and good value for the class of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MatthewH77
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We would like to take the time to say Thank you for writing a review about out Hotel. We appreciate all the comments that you wrote for other people to know about the Hotel. We take great strives to have our hotel the way that it is. We feel that a place to stay should be a good as your home. He do apologize for the fridge that was making noise. when you are here you should be able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, and you shouldn't have to deal with a noisy fridge. We will have some one look into that. We hope to see you in the future.