“Amazing hidden gem!!!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Frostburg
“Amazing hidden gem!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the best little hotel. I loved it. I loved the decor, I loved the room, I loved the staff! Love, Love, Love. I actually keep trying to find a way to make it back here for a stay. my room was fabulous and I kept raving about it to my coworkers who have since decided to stay at this location as well. My room was perfect, an upgrade for me at check in. Fireplace above the whirlpool tub, very cool and modern bathroom with rain type shower. Comfortable and I didn't want to leave. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We have a wonderful Staff that go above and beyond for our Guest. We have a very unique hotel with the Décor. We appreciate all of the great comments that you wrote about us, and for telling you co-worker about our Hotel. We hope to us you soon. and again thank-you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. We stayed for the weekend Sat-Mon and couldn't have had a better experience. The room was so clean throughout. The beds were comfy and very fresh. My son loved the tv in bathroom, nice novelty. We are ones who will inspect rooms before unpacking making sure things are clean, all I can say......well done. Breakfast was usual offerings. Front desk employees are very friendly, we never passed by without a warm greeting from them. We did go into city for dinner and its only a 20 minute drive and easy.
The only issue I had was the entrance, if you aren't watching out for hotel then you could very easily pass it. They have some signs by entrance that block view of street coming out which makes it hard to see cars coming down street, careful of that. Outside of that, this was a diamond of a hotel. Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We had room beside elevator and didn't hear a peep of noise anywhere, Get room facing main road...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. We have a wonderful staff here and they all take great pride in their jobs, to have the best hotel for our guest to arrive to. I am thrilled that you had a great experience with us. We hope that when you are in the area, that you stop in to stay with us again. Hope to see you in the future to serve you again.
Jackson, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I stayed here for about a week all together. Stayed in a variety of 3 different rooms. This is a fairly new hotel and I miss it already!
Each room is situated to feel like your own little cave. Each room you walk into contains a long hallway that opens into the room. Each room also has its own doorbell, which is an awesome feature that keeps the hallways quiet!
Each bed has adjustable mood lighting over it, there is also mood lighting over the desk area. Each bathroom is equipped with the best shower I have ever had. The sides of the tub are extra wide to place your shower supplies on. All shower walls are a dark granite. The water itself at this hotel is treated to be enjoyably drinkable right from the faucet. You can smell the cleanliness from the water!
I got to stay in one of the jacuzzi suites for one night and it was the best jacuzzi suite I have ever seen in my entire life! It has all of the same room features, but has a secluded jacuzzi in the middle section of the room, it is separated from the bed area by a curved wall. It also has adjustable mood lighting over the jacuzzi, a third tv specifically for watching in the jacuzzi, and its own electric fireplace viewable from the jacuzzi! Absolutely the best!
I also had a chance to make a friend at the hotel and meet some of the great people that work here. My first day arriving in this hotel, I was their "Guest of the Day". It was the first day they started doing guest of the day and I was super excited! It literally made my whole day.
The lobby area to this hotel has a great glass waterfall sculpture and amazing detailed features throughout! I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Pittsburgh/ Monroeville area!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but if you can afford it... go for the jacuzzi suite its amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We would to thank you for taking the time for answering the survey. We do have a wonderful Hotel and a excellent staff . We take great pride in the way the hotel is ran. I really appreciate that you took the time to down loaded some pictures of the hotel, for other people to see what we have here to offer. So again thank you for all your great comments on the hotel.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Unfortunately I was only able to stay at this location for one day. I loved my room, this was the first Comfort Suites I have stayed in. I stayed in another one after this and the rooms weren't nearly as nice as these. The bath room has a good amount of space as well as the rooms. The staff greeted me with a smile and was happy to help. Every time I try to stay they are sold-out and I can understand why. I cant wait till I can return and stay a little longer then before!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
directorofsales7, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your first experience with the Comfort Suites brand was a good one. We take great pride in our hotel and in our friendly staff. I am pleased to hear that they greeted you with a smile and were so helpful. Please stay with us next time you are in the Monroeville area. We look forward to serving you again.

The Staff at Comfort Suites Monroeville
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We picked this hotel as a convenient sleeping point for a trip to Fallingwater, but also with plans to head into Pittsburgh. I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel's quality. The room was very spacious, with an extremely comfortable king-sized bed. The bathroom was very large (with a TV, to boot!) and well-appointed. The room had a microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge (which, I have to say, was a bit noisy at night, but as we weren't using it, unplugging it solved that problem). The breakfast buffet in the morning was good quality, for a hotel breakfast. Wi-fi was free, and worked well. For road-trippers, the location at the junction of the I-76 and I-376 was great. It's in the middle of suburbia, but we knew that when we booked it. Overall, a reasonable and comfortable night's stay and good value for the class of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MatthewH77
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We would like to take the time to say Thank you for writing a review about out Hotel. We appreciate all the comments that you wrote for other people to know about the Hotel. We take great strives to have our hotel the way that it is. We feel that a place to stay should be a good as your home. He do apologize for the fridge that was making noise. when you are here you should be able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, and you shouldn't have to deal with a noisy fridge. We will have some one look into that. We hope to see you in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2013

More expensive than I usually pay for a room $120 (vs $78). I see others got better deals.
I think we had a smaller room behind the elevator, but we did not hear it at all and we were on the 4th floor. Surprising to see elegant bathroom sink. TV in the bathroom, different. It was only visible if you were at the sink not in the tub or on the toilet.
Overall everything was clean and comfortable 2 full size beds and a fold out love seat. desk, fridge, large TV, very stylish.
Breakfast was OK scrambles eggs a little dry, second day the egg & cheese omelets with were better( 5 in. round folded in half)
always a line for the waffle maker

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We appreciate the comments for other people to see. We take pride in our Hotel and we strive to be the best that we can be. We hope to see you in the future to be abole to serve you again.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The room was nothing like suites we have stayed in at Spring Hill or even other Comfort Suites. It was a room with 2 double beds and a love seat and desk. The closet was extremely small, the AC worked but had to be turned to 65 to keep room just cool. This room was a ground floor and always felt damp.There were water stains on the window sill and a coffee stain(which I wiped off with cold water and a Kleenex) on the desk. Also paint is peeling in three spots on the ceiling in the shower and one of the lights above the bathroom mirror was missing a cover. If you are looking for a true suite room-this is not it. Additionally the outside of the building was dirty at the entrance.The parking lot is small and the driveway "comes up very quickly" from Rte 48 and is a quick hard right to pull in. the staff was friendly-especially the lady monitoring the breakfast area. The room décor/design was pleasantly different.

Room Tip: Prehaps get a room on an upper level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for writing a review for our Hotel. I am sorry that you ran into several issues here. I do agree that it is very hard in finding the entrance to the Hotel. We are trying to work on the outside to make it more appealing. and the other issues I have people giving bids to be corrected. I hope that if you come back that you will notice that we are trying to be a better hotel for our guest to stay at. Again we appreciate all of your comments that we plan on fixing.