“One of the Best Suites in Pittsburgh!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I stayed here for about a week all together. Stayed in a variety of 3 different rooms. This is a fairly new hotel and I miss it already!
Each room is situated to feel like your own little cave. Each room you walk into contains a long hallway that opens into the room. Each room also has its own doorbell, which is an awesome feature that keeps the hallways quiet!
Each bed has adjustable mood lighting over it, there is also mood lighting over the desk area. Each bathroom is equipped with the best shower I have ever had. The sides of the tub are extra wide to place your shower supplies on. All shower walls are a dark granite. The water itself at this hotel is treated to be enjoyably drinkable right from the faucet. You can smell the cleanliness from the water!
I got to stay in one of the jacuzzi suites for one night and it was the best jacuzzi suite I have ever seen in my entire life! It has all of the same room features, but has a secluded jacuzzi in the middle section of the room, it is separated from the bed area by a curved wall. It also has adjustable mood lighting over the jacuzzi, a third tv specifically for watching in the jacuzzi, and its own electric fireplace viewable from the jacuzzi! Absolutely the best!
I also had a chance to make a friend at the hotel and meet some of the great people that work here. My first day arriving in this hotel, I was their "Guest of the Day". It was the first day they started doing guest of the day and I was super excited! It literally made my whole day.
The lobby area to this hotel has a great glass waterfall sculpture and amazing detailed features throughout! I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Pittsburgh/ Monroeville area!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but if you can afford it... go for the jacuzzi suite its amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We would to thank you for taking the time for answering the survey. We do have a wonderful Hotel and a excellent staff . We take great pride in the way the hotel is ran. I really appreciate that you took the time to down loaded some pictures of the hotel, for other people to see what we have here to offer. So again thank you for all your great comments on the hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Unfortunately I was only able to stay at this location for one day. I loved my room, this was the first Comfort Suites I have stayed in. I stayed in another one after this and the rooms weren't nearly as nice as these. The bath room has a good amount of space as well as the rooms. The staff greeted me with a smile and was happy to help. Every time I try to stay they are sold-out and I can understand why. I cant wait till I can return and stay a little longer then before!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
directorofsales7, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your first experience with the Comfort Suites brand was a good one. We take great pride in our hotel and in our friendly staff. I am pleased to hear that they greeted you with a smile and were so helpful. Please stay with us next time you are in the Monroeville area. We look forward to serving you again.

The Staff at Comfort Suites Monroeville

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We picked this hotel as a convenient sleeping point for a trip to Fallingwater, but also with plans to head into Pittsburgh. I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel's quality. The room was very spacious, with an extremely comfortable king-sized bed. The bathroom was very large (with a TV, to boot!) and well-appointed. The room had a microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge (which, I have to say, was a bit noisy at night, but as we weren't using it, unplugging it solved that problem). The breakfast buffet in the morning was good quality, for a hotel breakfast. Wi-fi was free, and worked well. For road-trippers, the location at the junction of the I-76 and I-376 was great. It's in the middle of suburbia, but we knew that when we booked it. Overall, a reasonable and comfortable night's stay and good value for the class of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MatthewH77
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We would like to take the time to say Thank you for writing a review about out Hotel. We appreciate all the comments that you wrote for other people to know about the Hotel. We take great strives to have our hotel the way that it is. We feel that a place to stay should be a good as your home. He do apologize for the fridge that was making noise. when you are here you should be able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, and you shouldn't have to deal with a noisy fridge. We will have some one look into that. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

More expensive than I usually pay for a room $120 (vs $78). I see others got better deals.
I think we had a smaller room behind the elevator, but we did not hear it at all and we were on the 4th floor. Surprising to see elegant bathroom sink. TV in the bathroom, different. It was only visible if you were at the sink not in the tub or on the toilet.
Overall everything was clean and comfortable 2 full size beds and a fold out love seat. desk, fridge, large TV, very stylish.
Breakfast was OK scrambles eggs a little dry, second day the egg & cheese omelets with were better( 5 in. round folded in half)
always a line for the waffle maker

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We appreciate the comments for other people to see. We take pride in our Hotel and we strive to be the best that we can be. We hope to see you in the future to be abole to serve you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The room was nothing like suites we have stayed in at Spring Hill or even other Comfort Suites. It was a room with 2 double beds and a love seat and desk. The closet was extremely small, the AC worked but had to be turned to 65 to keep room just cool. This room was a ground floor and always felt damp.There were water stains on the window sill and a coffee stain(which I wiped off with cold water and a Kleenex) on the desk. Also paint is peeling in three spots on the ceiling in the shower and one of the lights above the bathroom mirror was missing a cover. If you are looking for a true suite room-this is not it. Additionally the outside of the building was dirty at the entrance.The parking lot is small and the driveway "comes up very quickly" from Rte 48 and is a quick hard right to pull in. the staff was friendly-especially the lady monitoring the breakfast area. The room décor/design was pleasantly different.

Room Tip: Prehaps get a room on an upper level
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We would like to thank you for writing a review for our Hotel. I am sorry that you ran into several issues here. I do agree that it is very hard in finding the entrance to the Hotel. We are trying to work on the outside to make it more appealing. and the other issues I have people giving bids to be corrected. I hope that if you come back that you will notice that we are trying to be a better hotel for our guest to stay at. Again we appreciate all of your comments that we plan on fixing.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a modest-sized four-story full-service hotel in the commercial area of Monroeville, not far from the Eastern terminus of Interstate 376. I paid $110 a night on business travel.

I have to say this building is the prettiest accommodations I have used in quite some time. Others have posted photos that give a hint of the ambiance of the place; I can attest to their veracity. The modern-ish glass and blond woodgrain look with blocky angles is consistently carried out through the rooms and into the common areas and even to the exterior of the building, giving the place a clean and unified look that can't be captured well in photos. The design is nevertheless practical and functional, my only complaint being the exclusive use of halogen spot lamps that cast stark shadows and complicated shaving, though even here a swing-out magnified mirror saved the day.

The hotel is not very big. I counted 40 rooms on the floor plan, and (not knowing how this escaped the notice of the local building permitting process) 35 parking spaces. Common faclilities are rather thin for the price level, consisting of a breakfast area and three pieces of exercise gear, plus a coin-operated clothes washer, and not much else. There is a meeting room that can be hired out for a small convention.

My room, besides being quite stylish, was very spacious. The sofa has a pull-out bed that can accomodate a fifth occupant. A desk and fridge were provided. The bathroom was roomy and functional. The fixures and appointments were in new condition and of appropriate quality for the price level. Wi-Fi was suitably fast for business use. I saw an ethernet socket but no cable was supplied so I cannot report on its performance. The staff was courteous and competent.

This property is an excellent choice if you need a spacious room and don't care about anything else. I, however, have to give it a merely average rating due to sub-par, for the price, common facilities.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We appreciate all of the comments that we received from you. Yes our Hotel is a small Hotel of only forty rooms, But we do have exactly 40 parking spots in the lot. We do have rooms that are a little bit larger than some other Hotels. We do take great pride in our hotel so any comments or concerns that people have we look into to fix any problems. So we would like to say thank you again for the review.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is not your everyday Comfort Suites, hotel is very nice, when you walk in it is beautiful. We had a 2 bed suite. The room is decent size, bathroom is big and nice, has a TV on the wall in it, shower has a black and white marble wall, and the sink is red! Room had a large TV 42" small couch, small coffee table, a desk, fridge and microwave, room even had a doorbell! The beds were called queen although they are more like full size, had 4 pillows, firm and soft. And all the windows are round.
Breakfast was good, a variety was there including waffles and bacon and I dont know what the eggs were since I dont eat them often.
Just a few tips for the workout person or people traveling with kids there is a very small fitness room and no pool inside or out.
This isnt a big hotel but it is nice. The only downfall was when we arrived to see if we could check in early the woman working did not even look like she worked there, no sign of any uniform and messy hair, they had been booked the night before so we couldnt check in, when we went back that evening the guy setting at the desk did have a shirt on with CS on it but it was a wrinkled mess and he was not friendly at all, wasnt rude but did not greet you or say anything until I did. We seen 2 others working at the desk during our stay and the same with them, really just looked like someone came in there and sat down, I am normally a HILTON girl, where upon entering you are greeted with a smile and friendly person dressed in a manner that represents the hotel. The only friendly person we encountered that worked there was the older gentleman that worked the breakfast area, he was neatly dressed and friendly.
If you dont pay attention the the desk personnel you would never know you were at a Comfort Suites, I would definetely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I am sorry that you did not get the welcome that our guest deserves. It is our practice to welcome everyone. I will look into your comments and see who you encounter and speak with whomever it may have been. I feel that you were treated very unfairly from the staff. I am very happy that you enjoyed the Hotel. The hotel is very different then some Hotels. But we do appreciate your comments about the Hotel. We hope to see you in the future to better serve you.