“Nice place to stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were passing through the area and needed a hotel room for the night. From the moment we called to check on room availability to checking out, the serivce was outstanding. The staff was friendly, the rooms were modern and clean (practically new). The room also included a continental breakfast in the morning which included make your own waffles (which my kids liked). It was easy to find and there seemed to be a lot of restaurant options to chose from in the area. A very nice hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank us4travelers

Reviewed May 2, 2011

My sister and I each got room at the comfort suites this pas weekend and all we can say is WOW.

The place is clean, comfortable and what a great value!!

The manager Donald was so accomodating and everyone at the front desk (especially Heather!!! ) was a joy to talk with.

The jacuzzi room had an incredible full-sized jacuzzi, an artificial fireplace and a T.V.....talk about relaxing!!

Free breakfast to boot!! I have stayed everywhere in Monroeville and this place is the best by far!!

My sister and I give kudo's to all!!!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank andrew182
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel is strange to say the least. It is less than 3 years old, but already feels old, smells and is outdated. Apparently there has been no maintenance on it at all. For instance, the hallways and stairwells have dirt and dust in them that is obviously a few years old, as to the corners in the rooms and areas behind/under beds, desks and alongside pieces of furniture throughout the hotel. The stairwells have round windows (strange enough) but I have seen cleaner portholes on a ship. Our room had change left on the counter , a ring around the tub, a filthy (not just slightly dirty) phone - even the envelope the maid left for a tip was wrinkled and dirty - obviously re-used many times.
This hotel is fairly expensive ($125 a night) and isn't worth it. I would sleep in my car if I could not get a room at one of the other chain hotels within walking distance.
Monroeville isn't a great place for anything, however, so I am not advocating other nearby hotels, either, since the area isn't that convenient to Pittsburgh, and there aren't any other attractions nearby. There virtually no decent restaurants within 5 or so miles of this area, but it is directly off the highway if you are stuck in a snowstorm or ABSOLUTELY cannot drive one more mile before you fall asleep.
Other than that, avoid this wacky looking, poorly maintained hotel - the stale smell alone will keep you up all night if the noise from the highway or slamming doors felt throughout the building don't.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Needed to stay at hotel on the way to DC, this hotel is new, clean, and has very nice free breakfast buffet with hot and cold items. Room was comfortable and very clean, no bugs....I check every hotel I stay at...i pull of mattress pads etc to check before i even unpack. This one passed the test. Quiet also did not hear any highway noise. Would def. stay again.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JJWarner
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My wife, kids and I booked this hotel as our halfway point to Williamsburg, VA. The hotel was as advertised...my kids liked the "high beds" and the red bathroom "bowl" sink...I liked the price...on the way back home, I insisted we stay here again because I was actually able to sleep in this hotel..something I am not often able to do...I was pleased to find rooms available but when I went to sign the agreement, I noticed that the price for the room had increased 10%. I stated that we had stayed here three nights ago for far cheaper. The attendant shrugged her shoulders and said "that's the way it is, prices go up as summer gets closer"...at that point I was committed to staying there and didn't put up much of a fight...the next morning was there was major upheaval...the waffle maker was broken...and my kids were not happy!....

All in all this was a comfortable hotel and I would stay here again...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tpmeyer
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Stayed for over a week in relative comfort at very reasonable rate. Complimentary breakfast pretty meager but the room was well laid out. I hate anything but central heating/cooling, so this is a downside of low-budget hotels - very noisy. Also had a problem with sprinkler system shaking the room and rumbling like an earthquake on three occasions, twice during the night which awakened me. They discounted the nightly rate for this but I would rather have had the sleep - they need to fix this issue pronto. No on-site restaurant, so a hassle. The only delivery places in the area seem to be pizza/pasta types.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I am on the road every weekend from the end of August until Thanksgiving, my stepson is captain of the D line on his college team. We have discovered the Comfort Suite as a reliably comfortable and clean hotel experience that makes the trips little vacation getaways for my husband and I. However this particular chain is surely the jewel in this chain's pendant. the place was fabulous. We were upgraded for free by the manager who is the epitome of customer service. We were given a suite with a jacuzzi, flat screens everywhere and a cozy little sitting area. Although all of this was impressive I must say it was this manager who was constantly cleaning, checking people in, fixing breakfast, and even helping people with their luggage that made our stay so wonderful. I am on a special eating plan and although it was summer and they did not have oatmeal, he went out and ensured that I had some for my breakfast. The waffles -my husband ate those-had real strawberry commpote and the coffee was delicious. In the afternoon there were pretty little pink and white cookies with floral napkins and lemonade by the front desk and there was also a bowl of apples for those eating more healthfully. This was a most charming and comfortable stay. We had planned to spend the night then head up to Edinboro and stay over there but we actually extended our reservations and drove back to stay in this hotel because of his kindness and attention to detail.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple