Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a set of professional exams. I mentioned this to the clerk when I checked in, and when I returned from lunch, I found a lunch bag with some fruit, an energy bar, and a few other goodies, with a note saying "Here is some brain food for your test."

The room was comfortable, the continental breakfast sustaining, and I'll stay there again next year for the next set of exams. I passed with flying colors, by the way.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, so ask for a room on the other side if noise is a p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WhatYouSay
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Our team genuinely cares about each and every person that stays at our property. So when we heard you had an exam, it was our pleasure to put together some goodies for you. Anything we can do to make your experience more enjoyable, we love to do. I am also so happy to hear you passed the exam and will pass along the great news. Thank you for the positive review, and please come visit us soon! We love having you!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We traveled with multiple other families with 15 year old baseball players. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff to the maintenance staff to the front desk staff, was so attentive to our needs. Always pleasant and eager to help in any way possible. They never gave the impression we were a burden with 10 filthy dirty, sweaty, loud teenage boys. Everything was immaculate in our room. The icing on the cake was when we received a phone call we had left our iPad in the room and they would mail it to us. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tdoep

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy you and your boys chose our hotel while playing games in our area. We always welcome large groups and try to accommodate as best we can, so I am glad you and your team felt comfortable and had an enjoyable stay. We welcome you back in the future and hope to see you soon! Thank you again for such an amazing TripAdvisor review; I'll be sure to share!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel. There is only one minor unwanted thing. Entry to the hotel lobby from highway is cumbersome. You could miss if you are arriving at night. There is no other
problem. The hotel is worth the money you pay. The service is excellent. Check in was quick.
Room is spacious. Flooring, bath room and linen are excellent. House keeping is very good with welcoming notes and cookies. Corridors are neat and clean. Breakfast on the house is good.
It was little crowded but I guess we went at peak hour. One more thing that was welcoming when you register. Free hot popcorn, coffee and fruits and newspaper.
We will choose this hotel again and this chain when we on our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Satyam848

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Our staff to the breakfast. Our clean rooms to the fresh fruit and great smelling popcorn. We truly value your opinion and will share this feedback with all over our hotel departments. You also mentioned you had a bit of trouble finding us during the evening hours. I would like to personally apologize for this. Should you ever visit our area again, please feel free to contact us for reservations and/or directions. We loved having you here!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our room was very clean. The only thing I did not like throughout the hotel is the furniture. It is old and to me, too cold feeling, especially in the foyer when you check in. It reminds me of the 70s with vinyl chairs with no style. Just not a look of 'welcome, have a seat' feeling. But the price was right and ability to use AARP or AAA for 10% discount really helped as we are retired and on a fixed income.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Gary P

I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging and for your feedback. Your opinion matters and we certainly pass it along to the appropriate departments. I am happy to report that our hotel will be getting a face lift in November. We strive to make our guests feel comfortable and we will continue to make the right changes to make sure this happens. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were lucky enough to get tickets to the pre-season Steelers game on August 24. Stayed here one night. The hotel is right off the turnpike which is very convenient. The front desk staff, especially Judy, are very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and quiet, no noticeable noise from the turnpike. The breakfast bar was huge, many hot selections, and very good. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area even though the hotel appeared to be full. The trip to and from Pittsburgh was easy from this location. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely response on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and our amenities here at our property, and we hope that when you come and visit Pittsburgh again, you will come visit our team! I will certainly thank our awesome Manager, Judy and our staff for making you feel comfortable during your stay. But we must insist that next time you return, you bring us a Steeler's a VICTORY!! Thanks again!

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Good price ,Right off Turnpike, clean, nice indoor pool, huge free breakfast, free wifi, free roll out bed for our 3 child, and walking distance to Outback and Max n Ermas for eateries . Morgan at the front desk was SUPER! She was polite, personable, accommodating and smiley.
Hampton Inn is lucky to have her. She made my stay extra nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for your review and also for staying with us. Im happy you enjoyed your stay including breakfast, your room, and the pool. Lastly, I really appreciate your kind words and feedback regarding your experience with me. Customer service is so important, and ensuring you leave with a great impression is crucial. So thank you, you've made my day. Please come back and visit us soon, or call us directly for future reservations. Have a great day!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here in the Spring of 2012 and stayed here recently while taking a tour of Pittsburgh. This hotel is awesome! It is certainly a cut above other Hamptons I have stayed at recently! This hotel is located right off the PA Turnpike which is a big plus. The front desk staff is awesome and I noted that they remember previous guests. I checked in after dinner and ordered from the Outback which is at the same location. The restaurant delivers to the lobby. I ate my meal in the dining area. It was beautiful sitting there and spacious. My room was spectacular. Parking can be a bit of an issue here as the restaurant is here as well, but I managed to secure a space near the entrance. Management obviously works hard to maintain a top notch hotel and all of the staff I dealt with were excellent. I have kind of avoided this area because it is a high traffic business area, but I will stay here again!

Room Tip: I would try to avoid rooms facing Mosside Boulevard and the UPMC East Hospital. It wasn't parti...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you!! Your summary was wonderful! We work so hard to provide excellent service so I am beyond thrilled your visit was wonderful. Also, thank you for noting our great amenities. This summary will certainly be passed along to each department including management, and I hope despite our crazy traffic that we are able to make your next stay even better! We hope to see you soon and thanks again for the positive feedback.