“convenient and quiet”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited our daughter for a weekend. The hotel was easy to find and very convenient to where we needed to go. Our room was very quiet and clean. Clearly there were a lot of families staying there. The only compliant (really a minor thing) was there was nobody at the front desk at the time we wanted to check out Sunday morning. Several other guests had to wait also. We waited a couple of minutes then just left our keys,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Greetings! Thank you so much for your feedback! We have shared your review with our staff, and we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am very happy you enjoyed your guest room and our property while you were in our area visiting your daughter. I would like to apologize there was not a staff member at the desk during your checkout time. Some times we have to step away to assist another guest for a moment, so we are very apologetic we kept you waiting. I hope the next visit we have the pleasure of accommodating you again! We love having you!

Morgan Mack
Guest Service Manager
3000 Mosside Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
(412)380-4000
MorganMack22@gmail.com

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our fourth Hampton Inn experience this week and it proved to be a typical Hampton Inn experience. Our arrival was in late afternoon and access off the turnpike was a little hairy with a long left turn, waiting through at least 3 lights. Traffic here is chaotic at this time. Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. Our room was clean, large and overlooking he highway interchange. I watched the chaos on the highway below for about an hour just for entertainment value...better than TV!

An Outback Restaurant is right next door and it is one of the most convenient restaurants to get to ever.

Breakfast was a more pleasant experience than the day before in Frankfort. Sausages, eggs and hot tea.

Hotel departure to the Turnpike was easier than the entrance...we were on the highway in less than a minute.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. You are right!!! Traffic during the day can be very entertaining and chaotic! But I am happy you found us easily and stayed with us during your trip to Monroeville. I am glad you enjoyed your experience, our staff and amenities, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. I was riding by and the outside appearance caught my eyes as I saw other hotels as well. It was located right in the middle of all of the places that I need to see. Would definitely return here again when I am in area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your great feedback. Your summary was wonderful, and I am happy to hear we are at a great location for you and all the places you needed to visit, and you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I enjoy staying at Hampton as the hotels are almost always clean, comfortable and have friendly staff. This Hampton was no exception. . . front desk staff were very courteous, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was fine.

However, our room overlooked the highway entrance, and the traffic was EXTREMELY loud. In fact, I actually thought we were overlooking a race track until I looked out the window. The truck noise from merging on and off and up and downshifting and using 'jake brakes' were almost unbearable. I might add that I live on a state route at home and am very used to some traffic noise. This went on at least until 1 AM when I finally fell asleep.

I know that Hampton cannot control what happens outside the hotel, but I was still disappointed in sleep quality. Thank goodness I brought my earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is so so important to our team members, so I thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Our hotel is obviously right off the interstate, so I am very sorry you had trouble sleeping during the night. We would love to have you stay with us again, and provide you with a quieter room, away from noise, so that you could really have the quality rest you deserve. Also, thank you for complimenting our staff, cleanliness, and hotel. Please come visit us again because we would love to provide you with a much better experience in the future!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently stayed here three nights with our 8 year old for a Kennywood, Station Square, Waterfront weekend. This hotel is a wonderful alternative to staying right in Pittsburgh ... and an over-all GREAT experience!! The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very clean, comfortable, and spacious. The BEST feature of this hotel is the staff!!!! Everyone from registration to housekeeping were great, and have some of the best customer service skills I have ever seen. I want to acknowledge one special employee (KEVIN) who went above and beyond every single time we encountered him. Whenever he saw my son he called him by name, joked with him, asked him about his trip, and made him feel special. He gave us great suggestions for attractions in the area. His high level of customer service and dedication to work are hard to find these days. He deserves recognition for his exceptional service. The only negative was the indoor pool ... it was supposed to be heated, but it was cold. This will definitely be our hotel of choice when in the Pittsburgh/Monroeville area !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello! Thank you so much for recognizing our wonderful hotel, rooms, location and our superior staff! I have to agree, Kevin is such an asset here at our property, and I am so happy to hear you received top customer service. This is definitely what we strive for. I do, apologize you found the temperature of the pool chilly . We do keep it in the low 80's, but we will certainly pass this along to the proper department to look in to the issue. Should you ever be in the area again, please come visit us again!! Have a great day!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before our son's wedding reception. The B&B where the reception was being held was unavailable for that night. Boy, am I glad we had to look for other accomodations! I usually do not sleep well in hotels. The bed was the most comfortable bed away from home that I have ever slept in. I am usually awake by 5 am in a hotel, but I slept almost until the alarm went off. My only complaint is that the fitted sheet did not fit the bed. It was not deep enough for the mattress. I ended up sleeping on top of the duvet and using my own blanket.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings! Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay. It’s always great to hear about our guests experiences here at our property. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our front desk team, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Monroeville!!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The lobby was quite pretty although the person at the front seemed bothered by my presence. The parking here was a bit of a nightmare with a parking area that seemed like it was once under construction but never completed. The rooms seemed a bit dated. No fridge in the room which does help when you 3 kids. The hotel was packed. Worst thing to me was trying to make your way into the hotel lot seemed like you were driving thru a parking lot of another building to access it. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Greetings! Your feedback is truly appreciated. It is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve as a hotel. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Please feel free to contact me anytime; I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Morgan Mack