“Not Kid Friendly espiecally for a Hockey Tournment”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have had nothing but bad luck with the Hampton Inn-very disappointed, they promised the hotel to be kid friendly-pool closed at 10pm(other hampton's 12am) this particular Hampton was booked with 2 hockey teams, cheerleaders, wedding and barvitzma-pretty well sold out. The night staff was extremely rude, disrespectfuly to our parents,kids and guest arriving in late. They had a 80 year old security guard which i didnt feel save at all. The night manager extremely rude, no manners and totally unprofessional. I really wish the HAMPTON would NOT book hockey players or any other BIG events on different floors keeping the other guest separate on a higher floor making this easier for them, less noise because at the end of the day who can contain or keep 60+kids quiet......this was suppose to be our mini family trip but instead it was very stressful.

Room Tip: If you are going to book a room make sure you are kept away from big events with lots of guest trave...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kim g
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Greetings! Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. I would like to start off by apologizing for your negative experience you had with our staff and hotel during your stay. During these late months, our hotel books a lot of groups (weddings, teams, tour groups, family travels etc.) We do our best to keep all the teams together at all times. However, we do have 140 rooms and we try our best to appease each guest by putting them in a room to there preference. We also have a lot guests who are long term stays, so again, these people may be scattered throughout the hotel. We do offer the pool 8am-10pm and I apologize it is not open later, but it is too hard to contain 60+ kids you mentioned in the swimming pool any later in the evening. We will be getting with our staff about all of your issues you noted, and I want to thank you for bringing them to our attention. If there is anything we can do for you, please contact us at anytime. (412) 380-4000. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn as I have stayed here before and knew what to expect. Also, I got a good rate as my extended family had a block of rooms here for a family wedding. It turned out to be a more exciting weekend than I had planned. Thank God the attached Outback Steakhouse serves good drinks and is open late as I need some calming down. I stayed at the hotel for four nights. The wedding and reception, at a local country club were great. The fun started at the hotel on Sunday night, the 9th. When I had checked in earlier on Friday, I violated one of my traveling rules, which is never take a room above the fourth floor. My room was on the 8th floor, which I thought was a better choice as there can be considerable traffic around the hotel and I wanted to be above the noise. What I had not counted on was a guest putting something in a first floor microwave, which created smoke. This, in turn, created a chance for several firetrucks to show how well they could deftly maneuver around the crowded late night parking lot, just as I was pulling into one of the last parking spots. That was cool. What was also cool was at the same time, the two elevators in the hotel immediately descended to the lobby and opened their doors, just as they should do in a fire emergency. What was not cool is it then took the gracious, but very frustrated night staff tow hours to get somebody in to restart the elevators. None of their restart options would work. Thank God there was no fighting over the TV remote control in the lobby lounge area although the two young women holding the control had a lousy program on the TV. In any event, I can walk up four flights of stairs at my age, but not five or more without risking a heart attack. I am going back to my personal rule of no rooms above the fourth floor. The hotel was clean, the staff personable, the breakfast not as expansive as at other Hampton Inns I have stayed at, but there are numerous restaurant choices close to the hotel. I do not like the "cloud" blankets, and the hotel as got to get fitted mattress sheets or I may start staying someplace else. Parking can be a slight problem, especially if the Outback Restaurant is getting a good workout, which it usually seems to get when I am there. I will stay there again as long as they have reasonable rates. The ice machines were mostly out of order, which was an irritation.

Room Tip: If you are older, do not take a room above the fourth floor. Saying that, the 9th floor was finishin...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Good afternoon! Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you are a returning guest to our property, and I would like to thank you for your loyalty. I understand during your stay at our property the fire alarm was triggered by smoke in the microwave. Luckily, that issue rarely happens. Unfortunately for you and our guests it did that evening which was a huge inconvenience. I apologize for the length of time it took to provide working elevators, and I can assure you each department was made aware of this issue. Also, in the future we would be pleased to accommodate you to your needs and preferences of where you would like to be located in the hotel. This also goes for your preference in the bedding you noted. Our job is make sure you are satisfied and we will go above and beyond to make sure that is accomplished. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact us anytime. Again, thank you for your loyalty with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed here many times for business. I love it because there is an Outback restaurant attaches and they deliver'. Also the work out facility is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2011

Good afternoon! Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased with your summary and happy you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I do agree, Outback is a wonderful and convenient amenity we offer at our hotel. Also, I'm pleased you enjoyed our fitness center. We look forward to having you stay in the future, and I will make certain to pass along this great TripAdvisor summery to our staff.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a run-of-the-mill Hampton, but then this is exactly why we stay there, right? The furniture was dated, the blankets really needed some upgrading, but the bathroom was nice and the towels new, clean and very absorbent.
This hotel is at the crossroads of couple of highways, so it is very noisy - the night I was there some construction was going on all night long. So get your earplugs! :)
The staff is nice, eager to help and cheerful
There is an Outback restaurant right next door and they deliver to your room as well.
to summarize - RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Greetings!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your business, feedback, and are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the Monroeville area!

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Monroeville, PA. We chose this hotel because it was close to where my daughter was having surgery the next day at Children's Hospital. We ate dinner that night at the outback that was attached to the hotel and let me tell you, it was very convient and delicious too. The hotel was located in a great location, close to lots of shopping and other resturants. Overall, our stay was really good. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were immaculate. One thing I thought was really great was when we forget to pick up milk for our daughter, my husband went to the front desk and they kindly gave us milk and didn't even charge us. We didn't get a chance to test out the pool or the breakfast area though. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Good Morning! Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased with your summary and happy you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you were here as a result of your daughter having surgery the next morning, but thrilled to know your experience here with us was a positive one for you and your family. I agree, Outback Steakhouse is a wonderful amenity our property has available, and I'm glad you had an enjoyable meal. Also, I am excited to know our staff could accommodate your daughter with milk. Our job is to provide the BEST customer service to each and every guest, and this is just one example of what we expect from all staff members. Next time, I hope you can take full advantage of the pool and breakfast, as well as enjoying our comfortable beds again that you had also noted. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future, and we thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

As the title says...Hampton Inns are usually fine with me and this one would be too except for the lobby. I found the breakfast room to be very loud. Granted there are other conversations going on plus the usual sprinkling of loud cell phone talking knuckleheads. I can't blame Hampton for that. I can blame Hampton for the television was too loud that just elevated all of it. Vacuuming the breakfast room while people were still dining was the capper that sent to my room!

• Stayed: September 2011
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but must apologize you were dissatisfied with the loud breakfast area. I understand that could certainly be a distraction and inconvenience. As far as the television volume, in the future, if this should occur again, please let our staff know. We would GLADLY adjust the television to meet your needs. I also understand vacuuming was occurring while guest were still eating. I agree this should not happen, and will certainly talk to the staff and address this issue. Again, I want to thank you for sharing these issues with us. This is the only way we can make the necessary corrections. Should you be in the area again, we hope you'd stay with us. Hope to see you in the future! Have a great weekend!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Finding this hotels entrance is a little tricky and there is traffic noise. Lobby layout is a little strange but comfortable. Husband used computer in lobby which was handy. Room was on the small side. Comforters on beds were in terrible, lumpy shape along with the mattresses on the double beds. Queen beds would be nicer. None of us slept well. Faucet in bathtub would not allow full pressure in the shower head as water continued to pour out of faucet. Mirror in bathroom was very dirty as there was NO exhaust fan. On the good side, the pool area was clean and we enjoyed our time there. No hot tub! Breakfast was FANTASTIC! Many choices to choose from, hot and cold. Coffee all day long was also a plus. The gentleman who worked the breakfast area did a top-notch job! The girls at the front desk were helpful and friendly. I feel this hotel was over-priced. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns in more beautiful areas for much cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

GREETINGS! Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. According to your summary, you enjoyed your stay with us. However, you did note a few negative points during your stay. I am deeply apologetic for these issues, and will make certain these problems are addressed with all departments and corrected immediately. On a positive note, I am happy you enjoyed our Hot Hampton Breakfast, our pool, and our fresh coffee we provide 24 hours a day, etc. Also, I am elated our staff was helpful and friendly, since that is what our property strives for. You also made mention of the high rates. Unfortunately, our rates do fluctuate. For example, if there is a convention in the area, rates may be higher than usual. This being said, in the future, we hope if you are traveling through the area with your family, you choose to stay with us again. We would love to make your next stay with us a better experience. Please feel free to contact us anytime. Have a great week, and again thank you for your feedback.