“Great hospitality, would stay here again”

Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Great hospitality, would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very convenient location just off the turnpike. Front desk staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The restaurant and bar on site was very nice to have after my long day. And the complimentary drink was very welcome. My room was clean, quiet, and recently updated.

The exercise room was very nice, definitely above par for this class and cost of hotel.

However, breakfast was confusing... There was a sign stating a cost, but at the time I did not understand that it may have been included in my room rate, so I left without breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
It sounds like you had a wonderful and rewarding stay during your recent trip to the Holiday Inn Monroeville. We cannot wait to have you back so you can experience the top notch level of service as you did during this stay!!

We want to thank you for sharing your positive comments and hope to see you soon!!!

-Seanna. Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

First my room smelled like cigarettes even though they are a non smoking hotel. The shower had to be turned on for 20 minutes before it got hot and the shower head was terrible. I had a double booking charge on my card I discovered this after I left it was a pain to get that fixed I also wanted help moving a charge that couldn't be done other hotels do it but not holiday inn.

Stayed August 2014
Seanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
We apologize that it took so long to get the charge taken care of. Rest assured we will take appropriate actions to ensure this does not occur again.

We hope you will come back and give us a second chance!!

-Seanna. IHG Rewards Manager
Fairlawn, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

After having a day, where EVERYTHING went wrong, I was welcomed by name to the hotel, by the front desk employee, Jayce. He was VERY polite, professional, and helpful, in getting me booked in a room, registered for future hotel perks, and more. The room is AMAZING (the Jacuzzi is EXACTLY what I needed after this INSANE day I've endured), and I'm looking forward to having breakfast (and hopefully dinner, if I'm not working too much) every day here this weekend.

Service like THIS, is what will make me book here, every time I come to Pittsburgh.

1 Thank Rita C
Thank you for all of your positive compliments of our front desk clerk "Jayce." He is one of the most exceptional staff we have here on property and we are so proud of him.

We hope you will continue coming back to our Monroeville Holiday Inn, and if you ever need any reservations please give us a call or just simply stop in.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Room was great ! very modern and updated. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast buffet too. Should be 5 stars once the remodeling is done!
Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor are updated.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you is all we can say on your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Monroeville. We value everyone that walks through the front door as a part of our family.

We hope to see you again soon, whenever your back in the area!! Thanks!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed this past weekend while our grandson played in a baseball tournment. Check in was easy and our room was ready about 11 am. The rooms appeared to be newly remodeled, they were clean and more than adequate. The buffet breakfast was another story, even though it was included in our room rate. They had scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage and pancakes. Sounds good but none the choices were hot, not even warm. Coffee was hot and good, as well as hot tea. Staff was friendly and helpful. Toast or muffins would have been great but were not avaliable. Outdoor pool was clean and great. Over all I would stay there again but they need to improve their breakfast....Life is short, enjoy everyday......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful compliments of your current stay at the Holiday Inn Monroeville. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us.

We invite you back so we may offer you the same service as we did the last time!!

Thank You!!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

By good fortune with my job, I am able to stay in some very nice hotels in NYC and around the world. The customer service at this hotel rivaled any...I was in town for an unfortunate event and the staff was very accomodating, offering me a discounted rate because of the circumstances, undropping a cheerful handwritten note under my door, and then offering me a free breakfast. The room was clean, quiet, modern, and comfortable. The staff, from desk manager to housekeeper to restaurant server was kind. I would def. stay in this hotel again when in the area and kudos for such caring people!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the turnpike...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Seanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We were so thrilled to hear your stay was nothing short of exceptional at Holiday Inn Monroeville. We will be passing your comments on to our staff as they will be excited to hear the positive feedback.

We cannot wait until your in the area again, and hope that you will choose us again!!

Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I use to stop at the Hampton Inn. There were no rooms available there, so as the location is convenient, booked this hotel to give it a shot.
Price is the same, breakfast is worst, and on top of that is paid, 11$ for an average buffet.
Guest attention: Depends on who's at the front desk, goes from courteous to "you're annoying me" looks.
But now the great thing. They receive truckers, which is very good, but they seem unconcerned about them leaving the truck on at the wee hours of the morning to warm it up before the job, or up and running during the day to keep the trailer's refrigerator on during a hot day. That of course, with the truck parked right in front of the accommodations, like in 2 yards far from the windows, with plenty of room available to park anywhere else.
Although they know about who owns the trucks, no one seems interested in assigning them a place so not to interfere with guests rest o advice the owners about what times is not convenient to make noise (i.e. 3AM).
It looks to me like a rather mismanaged big property.
Not coming back from sure. Possibly changing hotel tomorrow. Very disappointed about this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Monroeville. We will be discussing your comments in our next staff meeting to ensure this does not happen again.

We hope you will come back again and give us a second chance, as we make improvements to better our service.