“Great location but needs some works to be done”

Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Brampton, Canada
“Great location but needs some works to be done”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Pros: Great location, right off the Pennsylvania Turn Pike, all the shops and restaurants are very close by (mostly on the William Penn Highway) even though our room was facing the Turn Pike, surprisingly no noise at all. Very friendly staff, decent room size with comfy bed and standard amenities. Small but workable fitness room. We got a great rate from Priceline.

Cons: Room had a bad odor from the damp carpet, we had to ask for air refresher, and the stuff was very prompt to help us out. Swimming pool was closed so my teenage daughter was very disappointed. Avoid the hotel restaurant. There are lots of restaurant near by (Indian, Mexican and few others along with all the fast food outlet)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear by ssabil (Brampton, Canada),

We apologize that your room was not in complete satisfactory during your stay. We strive to accomidate all guests with top knoch service, clean rooms and reasonable accomidations. the next trip into Pittsburgh, please contact us personally so that we may make sure your room is above and beyond your expectation. Thank you!

Amy T. - Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. Overall it was okay. They need new carpet. Also we noticed a couple of things that were not fitted properly or required repair in the bathroom. Free WiFi but you need to ask for the password.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear UWLAN,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We always support and welcome guest feedback as always. We apologze that the room did not meet your standards as we always try to live up to all guest expectations. We will be upgrading our rooms come this wonter 2013 and look forward to sharing new product to our guests. We welcome you back to enjoy our newly renovated rooms next year. We hope to see you then!

Guest Service Manager
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Thought Holiday Inn would be better than most, but it wasn't. Front desk, not rude, but just not very nice. Price was too high for a burb of the 'burgh. No breakfast, no free coffee out front, didn't even have sugar and creamers with the in room coffee. Could use a sign for Holiday Ave from the parking lot. I drove around like a dummy twice before I used a different access road that had a pothole that almost gave me a flat tire. I will look elsewhere next time I visit Pitt. They were full, so I guess the service doesn't really matter.

Room Tip: King size non-smoking room is the way to go.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisK2323
Amy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear ChrisK2323,

Thank you for sharing your recent disappoinment at the Holiday Inn Monroeville. We will strive to fix the topics that you have brought to our attention. Thank you again and we hope you will join us again so we may show you our dedication to accomidate each guest with excellent service.

Guest Service Manager
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

On the first night of our road trip, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful in explaining the deals available for a call ahead guest. They gave us a great deal. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning, included with our hotel stay was delicious.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After traveling from Chicago driving all day we decided to stop here for the night. Front desk was very courteous and quick because we were very tired and about to sleep right there. I got a sudden burst of energy and carried my gf to the room. Our room was great is all I can say with a comfortable bed, working a/c, bathroom, and everything was perfect. Great location too by the highway with easy access to shops, dining, gas stations, 24 hour kinkos, and temple nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My initial greeting by the front desk staff was friendly and cordial, and they were very accommodating when the first room they offered me did not fit the request I'd made -- poolside, and next to the workout room did not qualify as quiet. The room was OK, until I saw a used tissue that had been left on the sink in the bathroom. Even though I am a clean-freak, I just used another tissue to pick up the first one and got rid of it. The room was barely made up after my first night and folks I spoke to in the gym said theirs had not been cleaned at all. Maybe housekeeping is the weak link here; the in-house restaurant was surprisingly good and the staff efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, specify a room facing the back of the hotel and not the pool; even though you ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amy T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Rosetwig,

We sincerely apologize for the lack of accomedations you experienced with your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Monroeville. As always, we strive to fullfill everyones needs and expectations. Occasionally, as you have brought to our attention, we have missed our mark. I have personally addressed this issue and assure your it will not happen again. Please let us know if we may invite you back to show you our high standards of customer service and cleanliess. We hope to see you seen. Thank you and have a wonderful Holiday.

Customer Service Representative
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just need to say, I stay at many Holiday Inn hotels around the north east. I am a service engineer that logs allot of miles. The hotel has the best front desk, courteous, friendly and funny. Logan and Ashley help with getting a room, when I was told the night before, that it was booked for the week!
Great job! I am a Priority Club member and I will keep come back here every time.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the turnpike are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business