“Very nice”

Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. The staff at the front desk are fantastic! The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are a bit small but very clean. I'm a Priority Club Elite Member and travel often. The fitness center is below average for a typical Holiday Inn. No weights and half the cardio equipment didn't work and yes the management was aware of the broken equipment. The breakfast buffet is good and typical. The dinners......could be better. I had NY Strip one night and Salmon the other. Both were below average. Like I said this is a nice hotel and I will definitely stay here again but I won't eat dinner there. Again.....staff is friendly and fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank powerpackperk

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hey !!
I loved this hotel !! In general Holiday Inn are really great. Maybe they need some improvements.
I felt tired in my trip driving from Washington DC to Chicago so I hold off the car, booked the hotel and went to sleep.
The staff are very welcoming and professional. Only the ACs in the room was an old model with a little bit noisy sounds ( for someone who just came in to sleep ). They should change it with new digital calm ones.
The food in the breakfast was delicious. In fact since I was a priortiy member I got a discount card at the reception with free drink and it came out that my breakfast became free !!
Thanks again.

Room Tip: check out the AC in the room, they might have new digital ACs in some rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Recently stayed for 5 nights on business trip.
Room 341 - good size, great bed, very quite!
Meals: Breakfast OK but nothing exceptional, evening meal was OK but could be improved as they almost have a captive audience and are missing an opportunity.
Bar: Very good and Sharen the server is superb!!
Staff - Excellent!!
Stay again? Without Doubt.

Room Tip: Get a room backing on to the pool!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I just want to take a minute before I leave this hotel to tell you about one of your employees. The employee that I am speaking of is Marlene Murgie, resturant (Madisons). I am in this town to enjoy the hometown people and eateries. Marlene was so nice and explained to me where the grocery/healthy food stores were located. She gave me the name of the Italian respesturant which I was looking for their speciality food. I stayed 3 days and her happy smile and greeting was so warm and you felt totally comfortable eating breakfast in the resturant. I just feel that she should be commmended and I hope if I come back this year she will be here.
Glenda Pouyadou//Peter Palmer

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Pros: Good location, friendly staff.
Cons: May feel pricey until renovations are completed.

I have stayed at this property many times over the past few decades, most recently last weekend. The hotel is being renovated, so the renovated areas feel new while the rest may still have an older feel. Still, the friendly staff and good location make this a worthwhile place to stay. Especially when they have freshly baked cookies at the front desk :-)

The rooms are spacious and accomodating, with microwaves and refridgerators. There were plenty of outlets, including some on the desktops & nightstands. The linens are updated with the typical Holiday Inn pillow assortment. My king bed room had a recliner and a small balcony overlooking the pool.

I had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. It was well-prepared with the typical hot foods (eggs, bacon, french toast, oatmeal, etc.). At only ~$9, it was reasonably priced as well. The server was attentive and we had a nice meal.

The hotel is located just off the turnpike, and across the street from the newly opened UPMC hospital, so the location is quite convenient. There is a Max & Erma's restaurant next door, and an Outback Steakhouse just down the hill, also in walking distance, so there are plenty of dining options.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will return to this hotel the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank William H
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location the staff was very helpful the room was clean and they had a microwave and fridge in the room. The one problem that I have was for a three star hotel they didn't have free breakfast

• Stayed: December 2012
Amy T, Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Gmann6699,

Thank you for expressing the exceptional accomidations you experienced from your most recent stay. Our hotel staff works diligently every day to ensure that our guests get clean, comfortable accommodations with the services & amenities they desire.
Again, thank you for shaing your praises and we hope to see you at the Holiday Inn Monroeville soon. We will be honored to serve you again as a valued guest.

Kind Regards,
Amy Taylor
Guest Service Manager
412-717-9429

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel from November 22-26. The area was quiet and the room was nice but I really wanted to compliment the front desk staff member Ashley. She was great. We would come into the hotel late in the evening and she would always greet us with a hello, how are you and a big smile. Before we left we expressed to the manager how wonder she was and we would post a review on the website. Thanks again Ashley for making our stay wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Alexa j,
Thank you for expressing the exceptional accomidations you experienced from your most recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that Ashley perfomed her top noch service that she displays so well to all of our guests.
Again, thank you for shaing your praises and we hope to see you at the Holiday Inn Monroeville soon. We will be honored to serve you again as a valued guest!

Kind Regards,