“Great calzones”

Yolanda's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Monaca
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times while working nearby for lunch and found the food was great. Service was very good and the portions were large. I recommend the polish/german calzone, fish sandwich (Friday only) and regular calzone.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wanted to try this place for years, and finally made our way in today. Love Italian food, so couldn't wait.

First, the service was quite bad. When we walked in there were maybe 5 tables eating. There was someone standing at the counter (we thought was hostess) who didn't acknowledge us. Finally after a couple minutes someone came over to help the person paying at the counter (not the hostess of course). After taking her money, she told us she would clean a booth for us (sign said wait to be seated) unelss we wanted a table. We said a table was fine, and she said sit right there. Brought the menu's over, and ended up being quite nice.

Never being there before, we looked at the menu thoroughly. We all made up our minds and had our menus closed before we were acknowledged by our waitress. She said she'd be over soon, and was but why couldn't she acknowlege us before?

After our waitress came over, she was acutally quite nice. Salads/drinks brought out fast, and wait for food wasn't bad.

Overall flavor of the food was just ok. Banana peppers were quite good, but spaghetti sauce just ok. Chicken parm looked like frozen chicken patties heated with cheese, and you can get a better calzone at Anthony's in the Beaver Valley Mall.

Between the lax service and subpar food I don't see myself going back. I wouldn't say it was horrible (because it wasn't) just not a spot I'd recommend or make a point to go to. The prices were good, the decor a little over the top.

If you're looking for good Italian go to Mario's in Beaver.

Wish there were .5 ratings here on TA. It's less than average, but not poor either. I'd say this place is a 2.5.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a nice place with very good food. Leo gets a large pie crispy with hot peppers alot after bowling, and it's very good pie. Nice owners too !

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been coming to this restaurant since shortly after it opened in 1987. I have never missed a trip here when I am back in western PA. I have been all over the country and have yet to find its equal when it comes to Italian food.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have always loved Yolanda's food. Especially the pastas, but after 3 years I have found the food changed. Different cook? Maybe. I was disappointed in the sauce. It wasn't the same wonderful sauce like before. Two of our party had the lasagna and didn't want to finish it. They have also taken the fried clam dinner off the menu.. Disappointing to me after dreaming of going there for so long.