“Good Food, Good Price, Cheap Beer”

Paradise Pub Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Monaca
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This pub was recommended to me by a colleague a month ago. It is one of the few places in Monaca, PA that I had not yet visited, so I thought I would give it a try.

The restaurant opens at 12:00 noon on Sunday and I arrived at around 12:30 pm. There was one patron at the bar and no one else in the pub.

I sat at the bar, my favorite place to eat, as you learn a lot about the restaurant and the area from bartenders and locals.

I ordered the Philly Cheesesteak at the recommendation of the bartender, as that is what he was having. The meat was really good and not thin steak. The roll was good and the sandwich was big enough for 2 meals. The sandwich came with potato chips. I didn't have the chips -- it didn't help that the person who bought me the chips actually ate one off of my place when he served me. Of course, I called him out. I said, "I don't believe you just ate something off of my plate." He said, "I only ate a chip." Really?! Who does that and think it's okay?

It was a pleasant lunch. And it got better when the bill came. Budweiser on draft is $2.00!! I am definitely going back, if nothing else but happy hour. Actually I'm going back one day next week, possibly Tuesday because it's all you can eat crab legs. The bartender believes it's $22.00 and includes corn and another side.

They have an outdoor patio that has seating, a bar and sand. It sounds like a cool place to have a cool drink when the weather is nice. While I was there 2 groups opted to eat outside.

I recommend this restaurant and will return.