“ok experience..typical H I Express Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center Township
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monaca
Reviewed September 11, 2010

This is a very typical Holiday Inn Express......inconsistant front desk...young lady at the desk during the morning was efficent, but not pleasant or friendly at all...evening personel much friendlier but all did their jobs. Room was standard, but housekeeping was somewhat lax, from the toilet, the top of the sink was gross..not visible standing up....I agree with another poster about the odd smell that I think was a spray..maybe to cover smoking smells?..I do not want to pick on housekeeping too much because the lady we had was very nice. Breakfast bar was adequate and always well stocked...all in all though, it was an ok room and served it's purpose......

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JimSAtlanta
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center Township

Reviewed September 10, 2010

I scheduled an event at this hotel. From the moment I called, I was treated with respect and honor. I needed several meeting rooms and the asst. manager bent over backwards to assist me. Check in was a breeze. When I got there, my room and keys were ready. I had 2 of my children along and they were offered a snack. The room was nice, clean and smelled good. Breakfast the next morning was really good. I had requested some extra breakfasts be served for my meeting attendees. The hotel was great with this. My kids especially loved the chocolate milk and yogurt. The meeting rooms were nice. Internet worked perfectly. I had requested some info on lunch options when I called to set up the event. The staff had it ready for me when I checked in.
The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Everyone that I met was kind and courteous. To me that says it all. I appreciated the attention to detail and the extra touchs that were given to me and my group.
Thanks Raymond for a wonderful stay. You made my job a lot easier! PS. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is a really nice Holiday Inn Express, and an amazing value for what we paid (we Pricelined it for $60 plus tax). Everything was clean and looked new, and I love the labeled soft and firm pillows. Even though it is near a highway and our room faced the road, the room was silent. We asked for a two-bed room upon arriving, but they were sold out, so they upgraded us to a king deluxe room for free, which had a sofa that pulled out to a queen bed. The breakfast was great - warm eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, and cinnamon rolls, plus breads, pastries, bagels, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. Very impressed!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank BootsMadeforTravelin
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was on vacation with my wife to visit family in the area. We stayed on the third floor of this hotel. Upon arrival, I asked the front desk person to call two restaurants and ask how late they were open. The front desk person called, found the closing time, directions, and address. The free computers and printer were readily available. The room was quiet, the digital temperature control was accurate and comfortable. The room was updated within the last year. The king size bed was new, comfortable, and accented by six pillows. We decided to enjoy the jacuzzi and found the pool/jacuzzi to be clean and working well. Being close to the mall, there are many places to eat within a one mile radius. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised as to the comfort, quiet, and cleanliness, of the room. A positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Executive_in_Jeans
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Room had an artificial smell upon entering (some type of spray to cover up other smells?). Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. I also like the duvets covered with sheets that can be washed frequently unlike the old bedspreads that weren't washed often. The most disappointing malfunction was the shower head and faucet control. Neither worked well and we endured uninspiring showers which ironically were advertised as being special. I told the checkout staff about the problem. The best part of the room were the wonderfully soft and absorbant towels. Breakfasts were continental with premade omlets, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. along with the usual cereal, pastries and fruit.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Jayne B
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Me and my husband booked a jakuzzi suite in this hotel to selebrate our anniversary. We had to pay a proud price of 190$, but we thought what the heck!!! Well, it was a waste of money. First of all, the service was not friendly at all. Second, the room smell like a bar (cigarette stench), although there was a non-smoking sign at the door. Third, when we wanted to fill a jakuzzi tub we had to let water run for 15 minutes because it was brown. After we drained water we were discussed to discover brown spot at the bottom (Yikes! We were sitting in this water). Fourth, AC Unit was soo loud, I could not fall asleep for 1 hour, but once I turned it off, I began to suffocate in the cigarette stench. Fifth, in the breakfast room we found plastic dishes and cutlery (C'mon, you charge so much for a room, it is a shame to be so cheap). Well, what can I tell!!! Would never stay again and would never recommend.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank olesyadidour
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this Holiday Inn Express is! I stayed last weekend with my husband while visiting family and found our room to be very clean and in great condition. The linens and towels were a notch higher in quality than is typical of chain hotels of this level - the towels were very soft and the type you'd have at home and the bedding was reminiscent of the white cotton "Heavenly" style that you see in updated hotels. The pillows were a bit flat, though. Free wifi in the room.

The room we were in had a desk area, upholstered chair w/ ottoman and a king size bed, and the room was definitely roomy enough for two people. The bathroom is all contained - no outside vanity from the shower/toilet area. The a/c unit is a combination of under-window unit and wall thermostat and there is some noise produced that is typical for these types of units.

The property has an indoor pool and whirlpool on the ground floor - never got to use it but saw it through the doors. It looked clean and maintained. There's a continental buffet breakfast off of the lobby and the dining area also shares space with a sofa and large flat-panel TV. Nice I guess to eat your muffins while watching the news.

This is a hotel that I'd definitely stay at again and recommend to others.

Nearby attractions: you've got Target, WalMart, a variety of box chain office supply, hardware and clothing stores and a small, local-style mall across the street. There's also a movie theatre nearby and chain restaurants including Eat n' Park, Applebee's, Texas Roadhouse and Panera Bread. You have everything you need in the immediate area. BUT, if you have the time, check out downtown Beaver for something more interesting and regional. It's only about 7 minutes away and you get there by taking the next exit north on 60. Craving pastries? Try Kretchmar's (take-out only) or Cafe Kolache, where you can sit down and have an espresso too. The kids craving ice cream? Try Hank's Frozen Custard over in New Brighton. If you want *amazing* custom flavor waffles check out Krestal's Coffee Shoppe and Diner in New Brighton. It's a bit divey but the waffles are totally worth it!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KittySkyfish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaca
Comfort Suites Monaca
Fairfield Inn & Suites Monaca
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Area-Beaver Valley-Ctr Township
My Place Hotel - Monaca / Beaver Valley, PA
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beaver Falls
Park Inn by Radisson Beaver Falls

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center Township? Share your experiences!