“Good food and service”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pennsylvania
“Good food and service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Can't lose with the two pizza's for $14.99. Usually have a Stoudt's IPA on tap. Not sure if they still have this since Restaurant Impossible came in. Nice place in a run-down shopping center. Finding myself going down the street now.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank grinder62

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Restaurant Impossible did a great job!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stopped to eat at this restaurant on April 28th after along day of antiquing in the area. Since we are from Wisconsin, we get this way only a few times each year and we made a point of visiting this restaurant after seeing it featured on Restaurant Impossible. It is much smaller than I imagined so I would suggest making a reservation for a table if you are planning to eat at a popular time. We got there early so we were one of the first parties seated for dinner. The staff was all very friendly and gave great service. The waitress gets particular thanks for saving our leftover container which we forgot to take with us. My husband ran back in as soon as we got to the car and realized our mistake. The table was already cleared when he went back in but the waitress had saved the container in case we came back in to retrieve it. Yay!

The provolone cheese appetizer and the calamari were both excellent. I loved the balsamic reduction served with the cheese- I have tried to make it at home and have never been successful. Maniaci's was perfectly prepared. The calamari wasn't the little circles you see at most restaurants, it was slices of squid with a housemade sauce. My husband loved it.

The salads were very good and fresh served with warm Italian bread, also excellent.

I had the chicken parmesan as my entree. It was plentiful and very flavorful. I would order it again on our next trip. My husband had the scallops and risotto. He said it was a well balanced dish. The scallops alone or the risotto alone didn't have the same effect but put them together on one forkful and they were GREAT.

We were happy to see the restaurant was still in business and doing well. If you are in Adamstown for antiquing, definitely drive the short distance to get to Mohnton to eat at Maniaci's instead of any of the restaurants in Adamstown. It is worth the trip.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Karen L
Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Relaxed Family Gatherinngs”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family and I just ate dinner at Maniaci's in Mohnton PA. What a great experience. The food was wonderful and the waiter was especially friendly. Great job!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jill S
Stevens, Pennsylvania, United States
“Refreshingly authentic”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had calamari fritters with a sweet tomato based sauce was my favorite. The breading on the calamari was deep fried and light. We had Greek pizza (very good) that reminded me of pizza in Greece. Also chicken parmesan (the sauce has awesome taste). Everything was very good or excellent, incuding salad. Staff was great. Only negative was we ran out of water towards the end, but they got very busy too. Would highly recommend. Bill came to a little over $30.

2 Thank Rob17578
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
“Nice owners!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was there last night with another couple. We called ahead for a reservation, and Sue Maniaci was very accommodating. When we arrived a band was setting up in the front area of the restaurant. They were playing irish tunes, since tomorrow is St Patrick's Day. Our waitress was quite busy but made every effort to meet all our needs. Sue even made sure we would be taken care of in a timely manner. Between the friendly band and the other customers, it was a VERY fun night. The food was very good and the pricing was in line with other places. We will definitely be returning some time soon.

• Visited March 2013