“Great for Relaxed Family Gatherinngs”
Review of Maniaci's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family and I just ate dinner at Maniaci's in Mohnton PA. What a great experience. The food was wonderful and the waiter was especially friendly. Great job!

1  Thank Jill S

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had calamari fritters with a sweet tomato based sauce was my favorite. The breading on the calamari was deep fried and light. We had Greek pizza (very good) that reminded me of pizza in Greece. Also chicken parmesan (the sauce has awesome taste). Everything was very good or excellent, incuding salad. Staff was great. Only negative was we ran out of water towards the end, but they got very busy too. Would highly recommend. Bill came to a little over $30.

2  Thank Rob17578
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was there last night with another couple. We called ahead for a reservation, and Sue Maniaci was very accommodating. When we arrived a band was setting up in the front area of the restaurant. They were playing irish tunes, since tomorrow is St Patrick's Day. Our waitress was quite busy but made every effort to meet all our needs. Sue even made sure we would be taken care of in a timely manner. Between the friendly band and the other customers, it was a VERY fun night. The food was very good and the pricing was in line with other places. We will definitely be returning some time soon.

4  Thank Shopper114
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I drive from Buffalo NY to Mohnton PA regularly and never miss Maniaci's! It was always a comfortable pleasant place with good food at a great value. Staff and ownerswere always friendly and acommodating.
Since Robert Irvine came in, it actually got better. Smaller menu but good variety and quality is excellent.

10  Thank BuffaloWino
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was good before, but better since Robert Irvine redid the place for an episode of Restaurant Impossible. Now the decor is brighter and less cluttered. Reminds me of an old Italian farmhouse. The menu is smaller than before, but the dishes we tried are much better. Fried calamari : you get whole calamari lightly battered and fried quickly. Very tender, served with sides of a tomato sauce and a Parmesean cream sauce. Wife had osso bucco; very large portion served with polenta - she loved it. I had chicken Parm. The sauce must have been simmered all day by an Italian grandmother. A bottle of Nero D'Avola went well with both dishes. Forget about the old Maniaci's and go back to try the new.

13  Thank bonehomme