“relaxed family atmosphere”

Mangia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Mohnton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Description: For fresh and traditional Italian cuisine not too far from home, come visit Mangia! Italian Restaurant in Mohnton. At Mangia!, We've been using the same traditional recipe for more than 30 years. All of our authentic homemade food stems from Italian cuisine and southern recipes. We use a wood-fire brick oven for our pizzas which creates the most delicious, flakey crust you can get in town. Come see the Mangia! Difference with our local and fresh ingredients which gives your food the quality touch it deserves. Why eat canned pasta sauce when you can enjoy Mangia's natural, home-made sauce, made from scratch every day? While you're here, try some of our favorites including our famous Lasagna, the Chicken Parmesan, fresh veal and calamari, and more. Enjoy a drink with your meal at our full service bar. You can also enjoy our outdoor patio at Mangia! While dining with friends and family. We love happy hour at Mangia! Come join us Monday through Friday for food and drink specials that will make you crave more. Quality service is important to us, and you and your guests will be treated like part of the family during your dining experience that will be simply unforgettable. When you're looking for real Italian cuisine in Berks County, look no further than Mangia!
Mohnton, Pennsylvania, United States
“relaxed family atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife loves to come here for either the buffalo chicken pizza or their veal parmagiana. The food is good, plentiful and reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bob J
Giuseppe F, Owner at Mangia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Glad to hear it, Bob! I hope you and your wife will come back and see us again sometime soon. We'll have your favorite dishes ready for you!

Warmly,
Giuseppe F., Owner

Douglassville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went on February 15th (Saturday) . Since the beginning Great atmosphere greeted by a smiley hostess and friendly staff... The special features are good and the spectacular dessert show was great. ( Watch for the flames). My only negative comment its that they turn off the lights to do the Pasta Show... Its a little annoying... and the waitress wasn't that knowledgeable

Overall Good Experience...

• Visited February 2014
Milford, Connecticut
“First class Italian meal in a casual setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Mangia for lunch before and thought I'd try it for dinner. I wanted something fairly light, so I started with a salad. The Italian Wedge, a huge hunk of iceberg covered with blue cheese dressing and the best bacon ever! OK it had tomatoes and cheese, too. This was not really light - I could have made this my entire meal. So I left some of that delectable bacon behind so I'd have room for my Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. I've seen this on the menu at lots of restaurants lately, but I hadn't given it a try yet. Well, it was The Bomb. But since I've been a good boy since the first of the year, I only ate a tiny bit of it because I really had plenty to eat after that great salad plus I now can't wait until lunch tomorrow so I can devour it with abandon. With tip and tax it came to just over 30 bucks. So try it - you'll like it!!! Had a very nice waitress, too named Nancy.

Visited January 2014
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
“Our dining experiences have been wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Mangia's on numerous occasions by ourselves and with friends. The meals are excellent as well as the service. The owner, Joe, frequently socializes with the patron's which goes a long way. This is a class establishment.

• Visited November 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Ok, but wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We've tried this restaurant twice, once it was excellent, the second time fairly poor. First time was a Sunday night, it wasn't busy, service was great, quick with refills, food came out fast. We had wings, mozzarella bread, salad, and Sicilian pizza. Wings were crispy, pizza was tasty. Since we had such a good first visit, we thought we would go back the following week. Tried it on a Monday night, place was packed. Service was super slow, no refills. Tried to order garlic bread, twice we told the waitress, twice she told us the kitchen staff was ignoring her. We never got the bread. I tried the pasta reggiano wheel, that they feature and the wait staff will tell you all about. I think it was a great idea, and the presentation is very nice, but the dish is miserable. If you like pasta with a glass of grappa thrown on top, definitely order it. Also if you order chicken with it, be prepared to pay 3.59 for a 1/4 cup of chicken served on the side. We also ordered a traditional pizza, it was ok a little tough and the crust was very hard as others have mentioned. After one great visit and one poor visit we won't be coming back.

• Visited December 2013