“Everything is made from scratch”
Review of George Street Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
George Street Cafe
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Millersville
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love this place due to it's proximity to Millersville University, it's great homemade and healthy menu items, as well as its former location. The original building was a bank and the safe door itself remains open to reveal the pantry inside. I recommend any variety of quiche with the balsamic sweet potato salad. Go for one of the hot cafe drinks brewed on site.

1  Thank BradHPhantom

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices what more could you ask for? This is a really great place to hook up with friends and sit in the cozy corner in the back. Coffee is very good and if you're in the mood for bakery treat, I had a puff pastry with a lemon and blueberry filling (I can't remember what it's called, but it's definitely fresh made) drizzled with a berry coulis. Out of this world, but not out of your pocketbook.

2  Thank standot
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The esposa & I look for vegetarian and organic places where ever we are. Sometimes they are expensive restaurants and sometimes, as in the George Street Cafe, they are a small, out-of-the-way, unprepossessing-looking place that we might easily miss. & we are surely glad that we didn't! We sit in the back, near to the warm kitchen, and the warm-personality people (especially the owner!) heats-up a few of the prepared plates, like a side-salad, spinach pie, delicious soups, curried orzo @ feta, black-bean salad, lasagna, quiche, and other little delightfully tasting plates. We think it's more like tapas, in that we have two or three little side dishes. They also have a delicious dark iced tea that is exquisite. There really is no describing the feeling there, when the hot food is brought out to our table and we feel the warmth of the ovens and the light chatter of the people there. Why it evokes these almost childhood Proustian memories, except, of course, that the esposa & I were latch-key kids and made our own food. In my case, poorly. So, for us, the George Street Cafe is like a new perfect childhood memory, each time we go there. (Just a last note: the cafe will appeal just as strongly to carnivores, as there are organic meats for sale plus dishes like side-flank, which, while I am not interested in, I have to admit I don't see on many menus. So there are lots of items to appeal to anyone's palette.)

2  Thank MyLifeInYur P