“Great local spot”

Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Millersville
csu22
“Great local spot”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good food, good service and clean. What else can you ask for? They have everything from a club sandwich to nice selection of steaks and seafood.

• Visited September 2013

Waukesha Wisconsin
“Fine, but stuck in time”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

While it has been years since I've been at the Barn Door, when I went back recently little has change. While that may be good for some, one expects some adaptation over time. From the decor to the menu, I felt as thought I was stuck in the 70's. While that may have a degree of appeal, the food prep here is marginal. My Delmonico Steak was quite over done while my wife's tenderloin on garlic toast was quite good. Give it a try but don't say you were not warned.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank philomundi
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“This is becoming my preferred restaurant”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We went back for our second visit to the Barn Door. It was as good as our first visit here. I found it difficult to choose from among all the enticing entrées on the menu-- with the daily specials making it that much more difficult! The food was very tasty and perfectly prepared. The list of desserts made me forget my diet and the one I chose (peach cobbler) was worth every calorie !! The service was great. Plenty of parking on their own lot. The Barn Door is quickly becoming one of my preferred restaurants when I want a very good meal at a good price.

• Visited April 2013
Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best in Millersville”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating here for the last 30-40 years, and it has remained consistently excellent. A lot of that is due to the fact that it is a family business and the family is very engaged. Say hi to Gary, usually at the bar. He's booked a lot of hours here. I have my favorites. The filet is superb. We always get the bacon wrapped scallops. Delicious. I'm partial to the fried shrimp. It's not an extensive menu, but everything is well prepared. The service is very good. I was about to write that the crowd is older, but this weekend there were young people, and kids, along with the senior citizens. The atmosphere is different. It's an historic building with a lot of charm. Prices are quite reasonable and the bar is well stocked. 5 brews on tap. Millersville Mecca. If you don't want to drive to Lancaster, you'll be pleased to go to the Barn Door.

1 Thank HTalisker
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“A place I want to go back to”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We just spent a wonderful evening at the Barn Door. The food was very good, the menu varied, and the daily specials are a bargain. Service was attentive. I was pleasantly surprised that they also serve wine (given the rustic nature of the place). I will definitely return to the Barn Door.

• Visited January 2013