Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Heritage Hotel(Lancaster)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The family suite was perfect for our two young children and our dog. There was plenty of room for the kids to play with the toys and games provided, and for us to relax in the evening while the kids slept in a separate area. The suite was very clean and very comfortable. Our hosts were great and very helpful with giving recommendations. We were not very far from all the attractions and we were in a very nice and quaint neighborhood. The breakfast was incredible. Our hostess made homemade banana muffins with homemade preserves, oatmeal pancakes, eggs with homemade salsa, local sausages, homemade granola and fresh fruit and of course coffee and juice. We had a fantastic mini getaway (at a great price) with the family and most of the credit goes to the Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank veteranmom46331
Chaplain_Ed, Owner at Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your visit to Blue Rock BnB. We are delighted to be able to help families create lasting memories. We're glad you had a wonderful time here. Please come again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We chose this very reasonably priced inn mainly to save money, but found ourselves really liking it and would gladly return, as it's a more authentic way to experience the traditions and hospitality of the region. It's a well-kept place that is not intimidatingly dolled up like some B&B's. My mother, my sister, her baby and I stayed very comfortably in two connected rooms upstairs, which were nicely furnished and quiet. Ed and Stephanie are gentle and helpful hosts with a Christian perspective. Grace is said over breakfast and there are some Christian books on display. However, there is nothing heavy handed or intrusive, and I do not think that non-Christians would be uncomfortable staying here at all. The communal breakfast at 8.30 a.m. was an opportunity way to meet our fellow guests and we found ourselves chatting over coffee at least an hour every morning. I would rather be checking my email while sitting on a gliding sofa in this B&B's old-fashioned living room than in a soulless corporate hotel lobby any day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jennieerin73
Chaplain_Ed, Owner at Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks you so much for your vote of confidence! We are so glad when the features of our site match what the guests are looking for. Because of the uniqueness of each BnB, we know we can't serve everyone, but those who come we will try to accommodate the absolute best that we can. We enjoy sharing faith with other Christians, but people of all faiths are welcome and receive the same service. We live in a blessed area, and are glad to be able to share it with others. We enjoy getting to know people like yourselves, and hope to see you again.
- Ed and Stephanie

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My sister-in-law and I recently took our granddaughters to see Noah at Sight and Sound Theater.
In an attempt to give them a real experience, we chose ot stay here at Blue Rock.....and we were not disappointed. The beds were comfortable and the house was so cozy. The breakfast was extra awesome. The amenities provided were first quality and I recommend this B & B to anyone.
Thans so much Stephanie and Bill. And I will get that booklet to you, Stephanie!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean C
Chaplain_Ed, Owner at Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Glad you found Blue Rock BnB a great place to stay. And glad you could see Noah. In the ark of Refuge; a wonderful place to be!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We neglected to post this review for a while now, but it goes to show that even after almost a year we still remember our four nights at this charming B&B near Lancaster, PA! The house was cozy, comfortable and charming, and our room had all the amenities and more (it put a 5-star hotel to shame). Our hosts Stephanie & Ed made us feel very welcome, and treated to us to excellent breakfasts, provided advice about what to do in the local area, and ensured we had a great time socially too during breakfast with the other guests and even in the evenings after our long days of touristing! Would definitely go back and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Read the description of each room to see what suits you best, as a couple, family or group of friends.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArnavM2

There is no shortage of activities and things to learn here in Lancaster. We enjoyed having you at Blue Rock BnB, and welcome your return! -Ed & Stephanie

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I decided on a long road trip for our 40th anniversary. Blue Rock was one of the stops on that trip. I have stayed in several B&B's and this one, I have to admi, surprised me at first. It was in a residential section and was just an ordinary house. It looked nothing like a B&B so I thought at first I was at the wrong place - until I saw the sign in the front yard with the name on it. We were greeted by Stephanie and immediately taken to our room. I was pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. The room and bathroom were spacious and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and so were the pillows. That may not mean a lot to some people but it does to my husband and me. The room allowed us a good bit of privacy and "no noise" which again is important to us. Ed & Stephanie were great hosts and very friendly.. They answered all our questions in great detail and we never felt like we were bothering them with our questions. So don't go to Blue Rock expecting to find a formal type B&B - this one is just "homey" and comfortable and makes you feel like you are at your own home. We had an overall wonderful experience. Thanks Ed and Stephanie.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple