“This is our every year tradition! Love it!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
“This is our every year tradition! Love it!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been going here since 2004 & the staff knows us by name. The staff has always been great to us, and we are never disappointed. The cabins are small, but we're too busy to do anything but sleep there, with the exception of some TV after the kid's in bed. Yes, there are certain things that could be better kept, but there are many weekends that we go & the place is fully packed to the limit. I haven't seem the new water slides at the top pool yet, but I'm excited to check it out.
I'm my honest opinion, the people that are complaining about it being 'too rustic' are expecting too much from a campground, especially one that is geared toward children. We are going there this weekend for year #9, & I can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

we just got home from our 2 night stay (first time) My husband and I wanted to start a camping tradition with out 20 month old son! The pix that others posted really attracted us to pick this place and look forward to going again next year! We lives 1.5 hr away and we arrived about 30 min early to the 3pm check in time and we were directed right to our cabin (ranger smiths park model 2 bed room) the staff was very nice and explained everything well (even in the pouring down rain) the cabin is SMALL but perfect! i wasn't disappointed at all. there was a futon as the couch.. it was lumpy but it was a futon so i can't complain about that.. the one bed room was 4 twin beds. 2 bunk beds with pull out drawers under neither. nothing super nice but its camping so i thought it was cute! i had to take out the lil night stand and put it in the living room because my pack n play didnt fit in there.. but it worked GREAT! just a lil calm creative thinking.. the master bed was a queen bed.. mattress =HORID!!!! awful..lol i do think for 200$ a night it coulda ben better, the bathroom.. great. everything was CLEAN!!!! i was surprised there was not any kind of Yogi decor though.. the kitchen.. was nice, but!!! the site needs to tell you specifically what is in there! there is a gas stove/oven microwave coffee maker and lil toaster. a few plates cups bowls and silverware. 1 pot 1 pan with lids a dish drainer , a wooden spoon and a spatula. and a sharp knife. THATS IT!!.. no baking sheet, casserole dish no can opener no tongs... to me those are basic kitchen items that i wish i knew wouldn't be there... i was disappointed but not mad. The bathroom. nice! they provide a bathroom rug and a shower curtain. there is no way to keep water in the tub though. i put a cup filled with water over the drain to bathe my son. my fav part of the cabin was the screened in porch! had a nice picnic table in there to have our meals on :)
the outside of our cabin was nice. lil fire pit and grill and picnic table.
the Ranger station has basic camping things u would need. Snacks, fire stuff, Yogi gear..ect the restaurant ...... well the food is GREAT!! and not to $$$... the hamburgers are GREAT! for a pre-made burger its good. the bun is what made it great though ;) the salads are HUGE and very good as well! breakfast was Ok/good the menu is small but its good! now.. this was my #1 complaint, there was about 15-18 tables in there... 1 waitress... 1!!!! im not lying at all!! the poor girl!! we waiting 20 min for a menu, another 15 or so for drinks.. and so on and so on... and with a 20 mos old.. =BAD! there was about 2-3 other workers jusstt standing around by the pop machine chatting and not helping. this wasn't just a one time.. but all 3 times we ate there.. the girl apologized each time she came over.. you could tell she was working her bum off!
the camp ground it self was very nice, clean and well maintained! it was a lot smaller then i thought it would be my looking at the map online. but its great! i never set foot in the bath houses at all.. they looked scary to me but the people going in and out of them didn't seem to think they were bad/gross ect. lol there was a park in the lower end of the resort that was OLD.. like 90's old! but kids played on it. would have liked to have seen something newer and bigger since this is a kid resort! at the main gate there is a park too, its 2 wooden swing sets. nothing really toddler friendly, my son had fun on it but it would have ben nice to seen something for the lil ones too. in the activity field they have 2 big bounce house, the bigger kids had a blast in there! but my son was to little to go in, the worker said he could go in but he would have gotten crushed! it would have ben nice to see a smaller bounce house for 3 and under. The snowless tubing is so fun to watch! but my son was to little to go on that as well, he would have had to go in his own tube and not on mine or my husbands lap :( so we didn't do that :(
The pools- the lower pool is a basic pool with a tiny tiny toddler area. cute and fun but id like to see it fenced in so the lil ones don't go run into the pool that is RIGHT NEXT TO!!! to close for me . the big upper pool is heated which was nice because it was only 70-72 when we were there. the spray park is AMAZING!! but not heated so it was like ice water, and on a 70 degree day that is NOT FUN! so that didn't last any longer then 5 min. I wish there as a baby pool to let the littles ones play in too.
rides-the fire truck, picnic basket and wagon ride area fun for all the kids. we waiting in line for ever!!! on my first 5 laps it took before it was our turn had 80% parents 20% kids.. no lie!!!! i sat out each one and let my hubby take our son. Also you have PARENTS scattered in line and letting the kids jump in line when they get off the ride to ride again!!!! how rude is that.. its FREE!!! take your turn! that made me mad as I only wanted my son to get one ride of each!
Golf carts- a few people told me a HAD to get one.. well I didn't want to spend 60$ a day on one. so we didn't! and boy am I glad i didn't. I would have ben sooo mad if I did!. There is one hill that was a pain in the rear, but my hubby and I pushed the stroller up about and down it about 3-4 times each day and it was nice to work off those smores. lol
the speed limit is 5mph and thoes golf carts were FLYING!!! so be careful when your kids are playing!
i do feel like they should have had Yogi and the gang out n about more then they did.
over all this place was great and we look forward to going next year and we plan on going in a group as it seemed like a lot of the people there did that too. I think if your 1st/only child is under 3 id pass on this place though till he/she is older personally...

Room Tip: if you want to be more private/quiet go near the lower pool and pavilion. and off the main street wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Erin B
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our annual week long visit with Yogi. Just as in previous years, we all had a great time. There are many activities going on at all times so there is little time for the kids to get bored. The pool was a bit crowded on Fri and Sat, but other than those two days it was not bad at all. My only two complaints....A new policy this year is having to take your own trash to the dumpsters near the exit of the park, the staff still makes as many trips through the campground can they not pick up the trash on the way by as they've done in the past?? Also the speed limit throughout the park is 5 mph, unless you're a staff member, I guess they are exempt. Most times when you see them they are traveling as fast as the golf carts will take them. All in all it's a great place to camp with a family, and we'll be retuning for years to come!

• Stayed July 2013
pittsburgh
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited Jellystone last month. We stayed Friday and Saturday night in a pull-through full hook-up site (#411) directly across from the upper pool, store and restaurant. Our 3 year old loved the spray park area so this location was convenient. The campground was very clean and the staff is friendly. The price per night is high but we felt we got a lot for our money. The cost to get in a water park for a few hours would be more for our family than a one night stay here.

Highlights: The upper pool and spray park area
Snowless snow tubing ($1 per ride)
Night time light-up hay ride with the bears
Saturday night dance
Cindy Bear's Restaurant chicken wings, fries and ice cream

Concerns: Activities weren't always on-time (carousel didn't open at all)
Firewood we purchased from store was damp

Overall we had a great time and booked another stay as soon as we got home. We can't wait to try some of the activities we missed like the fire truck rides, mini-golf, outdoor movies and candy bar bingo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank asd5237
Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We just returned yesterday from here. This was our second year we went. I love the fact that there are lots of things for my kids and I don't have to hear "I'm bored". My girls are 12 & 14 and they ask to go back next year. We stayed in our pop up down by bottom pool. I like it down there due to more shade and close to pool, waterside, and showers. The camp store is very pricey. We have never eaten at restaurant since we enjoy cooking over the fire. Nice they still have activities planned during the week and not just weekends like most campgrounds. It is a bit pricey but you get a lot in return.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Straight and to the point... Pools are filthy, the campground is way too big for the size of the pools. Also they are definitely not maintained well, water is cloudy at best! No way you will ever get a seat at pool unless you are up at dawn. Cabins are very uncomfortable and small, I get it.. It's a cabin I generally would not have a problem but the extreme price per night is not at all worth the money. They charge extra to ride snow tubes which is also ridiculous considering the price. The staff other than the older gentleman escorting you to the site are extremely rude! I also have a 18 month old and while at the pool the " lifeguard" approached me to make sure my child had a swim diaper..Really??? I'm not an idiot and obviously would have my child in one, didn't like the pool police assuming otherwise! Honestly the pool was so filthy that it wouldn't have mattered anyway! If you have small children who need sleep this is not your place... It's very noisy and the quiet hours are NOT enforced at all! Seems more like a get your drink on campground than a family place. There are good activities for the kids and that's about the only plus to this place. Definitely would never return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Luvincamp
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am actually here now with my family of 5 (kids ages 7, 4, and 2). We checked-in around 6:00pm and after spending a good hour unpacking and organizing the camper, we went to the pool until it closed at 9:00pm. We then returned to the camper and started a fire, hung our wet pool stuff outside, and prepared a snack for our tired but happy kiddos. At that time we realized that the camper was losing power and by 10:00 pm we had no power. Apparently the rental campers are new and untested. Maintenance couldn't fix the problem so they reassigned us to a cabin. My husband and I packed up the camper in the dark while tending to the very tired and very dissapointed kiddos(they were over the moon about staying in a camper for the first time). We schlopped over to our cabin and unpacked/organized yet again. I was in the middle of putting our warm food in the refridgerator wondering if it survived in the broken down camper fridge and also trying to figure out how I was going to make up 3 full sized beds when I had linens for 1 queen and 3 twins, when the maintence guy showed up and apologized for our inconvenience. We asked if we would be "comped" at all. I was thinking free night stay or at least some replacement firewood (some of what we bought at their store was now burning in the fire ring at the broken camper), restaurant voucher to make up for possible lost food, free golf cart rental, etc. SOMETHING. His response was that were upgraded to a cabin. Good Grief.

• Stayed June 2013
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!