“Kids love it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Pittsburgh
“Kids love it.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We just returned yesterday from here. This was our second year we went. I love the fact that there are lots of things for my kids and I don't have to hear "I'm bored". My girls are 12 & 14 and they ask to go back next year. We stayed in our pop up down by bottom pool. I like it down there due to more shade and close to pool, waterside, and showers. The camp store is very pricey. We have never eaten at restaurant since we enjoy cooking over the fire. Nice they still have activities planned during the week and not just weekends like most campgrounds. It is a bit pricey but you get a lot in return.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Straight and to the point... Pools are filthy, the campground is way too big for the size of the pools. Also they are definitely not maintained well, water is cloudy at best! No way you will ever get a seat at pool unless you are up at dawn. Cabins are very uncomfortable and small, I get it.. It's a cabin I generally would not have a problem but the extreme price per night is not at all worth the money. They charge extra to ride snow tubes which is also ridiculous considering the price. The staff other than the older gentleman escorting you to the site are extremely rude! I also have a 18 month old and while at the pool the " lifeguard" approached me to make sure my child had a swim diaper..Really??? I'm not an idiot and obviously would have my child in one, didn't like the pool police assuming otherwise! Honestly the pool was so filthy that it wouldn't have mattered anyway! If you have small children who need sleep this is not your place... It's very noisy and the quiet hours are NOT enforced at all! Seems more like a get your drink on campground than a family place. There are good activities for the kids and that's about the only plus to this place. Definitely would never return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Luvincamp
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am actually here now with my family of 5 (kids ages 7, 4, and 2). We checked-in around 6:00pm and after spending a good hour unpacking and organizing the camper, we went to the pool until it closed at 9:00pm. We then returned to the camper and started a fire, hung our wet pool stuff outside, and prepared a snack for our tired but happy kiddos. At that time we realized that the camper was losing power and by 10:00 pm we had no power. Apparently the rental campers are new and untested. Maintenance couldn't fix the problem so they reassigned us to a cabin. My husband and I packed up the camper in the dark while tending to the very tired and very dissapointed kiddos(they were over the moon about staying in a camper for the first time). We schlopped over to our cabin and unpacked/organized yet again. I was in the middle of putting our warm food in the refridgerator wondering if it survived in the broken down camper fridge and also trying to figure out how I was going to make up 3 full sized beds when I had linens for 1 queen and 3 twins, when the maintence guy showed up and apologized for our inconvenience. We asked if we would be "comped" at all. I was thinking free night stay or at least some replacement firewood (some of what we bought at their store was now burning in the fire ring at the broken camper), restaurant voucher to make up for possible lost food, free golf cart rental, etc. SOMETHING. His response was that were upgraded to a cabin. Good Grief.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JaylaL
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went on sept 2012 to visit the Falling Water House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, we have 2 children and wanted to find something nice for them also, so we gave it a try to Yogi Bear's Camp, the kids love it, we had a little cabin made completely of pine (really nice smell), just in the middle of the wood surrounded by lots of trees. There are around 20 of those cabins in the park, and I believe more than 200 spaces for parking motorhomes.
They had a club house with a store and a nice pool and water slides, lots of families goes there
We stayed 2 nights and made a wood fire and marshmallows, kids loved it
the drive to Falling water House is probably 10 minutes, there is also a nice town close by I think the name is Ohiopyle

Room Tip: Try to book in advance and to be not that far from the clubhouse and pools, the camp is in a slope
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four goes to a Jellystone every year and we rent a cabin. We loved this location! Two pools, lots of kids activities, mini golf, rides, etc. we ended up in the top and had to go down the hill to get to the rangers station, we got LOTS of exercise that week! The kids LOVED the water slides, it was a nice treat for the kids and us adults!!

• Stayed July 2012
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have gone camping here for the past two years and love it. We have two daughters ages 2 and 6. We also had our two teenage nieces and my mother in law along a couple of times.. We had a tent site and they were great. We had numerous different neighbors, some better then others. We heard the staff driving around every night making sure quiet hours were enforced. There were a couple of mornings some people were loud early on, but when I explained to them I had two young children they quieted right down. There was one family who had a bunch of teenagers who decided to turn up their car stereo on full blast during the day, which was ruining the camping mood for some of us. The staff addressed it very quickly despite it being during the day and it was not a problem the rest of the trip. The staff were super nice and friendly. They made you feel special and learned our names by the second day we were there. If we needed anything or had any problems they were right there. the one night we had a really bad storm during candy bar bingo. A lot of the young kids were crying so the staff went and got yogi and boo boo and stories and read stories by flashlights to help the children feel better. My oldest was so excited about the bears she forgot all about the awful storm. The next day the staff cleaned up the campground quickly and checked on everyone to make sure we were okay. AllI and Alex led most of the activities and were great. My kids loved them. The cost is high, but it includes a lot of stuff including train rides, carosal rides, picnic basket ride, mini golf, two pools, cool kids water play area, 4 water slides, hay rides, fire engine rides, and lots of arts and crafts. It would be nice if snow tubing was covered. They have so many fun things to do that we never leave the campground. We have all ready made reservations to come back two times this summer. They even had a lot for the teenagers to do too and it felt safe enough to allow them go to the dances and ghost stories by themselves. The bathrooms by the pool were the ones that we used and they were clean and nice sized. It didn't matter what time we used the showers or how many people had been in them we always had hot water. We ate several times in the restaurant and the food was great and reasonably priced. We had a great time and highly recommend for all ages!!!!

Room Tip: we like being closer to the wetlands then at the bottom of the hill.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Becki-Le
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We recently stayed over labor day weekend! Such a good gateaway from life with some family! Our kids loved the pool area...Really nice to have nite swimin in a headed pool! The cabins are really clean and has just enough room to sleep..We were out the whole day, used the grill to eat on and also had fires at nite...We did most of the activities that were free....If you dont like to do alot of walking I would advise a golf cart there are a few hills!! My complaints were the service...They were really slow and most of them were rude!! The food they sevice there was not good at all & it was over priced! So luckily we packed tons of food!! I would just like to say...For as much as me and my family spent...I think ALL the activitives should be free and the food at the restaurant should be better and be a little cheaper!! As well as the golf carts.....

Room Tip: The cabins are really nice choose wisely if you would like your own room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!