“Go even if you hate house tours”
Review of Fallingwater

Fallingwater
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Mill Run
More attraction details
Owner description: Perched on a rock above a gushing waterfall, this historic house was built for a Pittsburgh family by architect Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1930s, ingeniously designed to blend harmoniously into the tranquil and beautiful woods around it.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went reluctantly since I dislike house tours and I dislike paying $25 per person for a tour I might or might not enjoy. Was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this tour. I enjoyed witnessing the creative genius of Frank Lloyd Wright. 4*, not 5*, for me, since, like any other house tour, I was forced to stay with my group, move at the pace of my group, and spend the amount of time in each room that the average tourist would want to spend, rather than spend more or less time in the rooms that do or don't interest me the most.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The live experience at one of the most known postcards of architectural USA is a mus see for any architect. The modernity of this 80 year old construction is simply amazing. The space, light, detailing and furniture could be considered up to date until today. It is for certain one of the best architectural achievements of human kind.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Genius on so many levels. Having studied Frank Lloyd Wright and his works, it's thrilling to walk on his floors, within his walls, enjoying his views. To appreciate this in the context of the depression-era concept and construction of this home is difficult for many due to the designs, derived from Wright, that we live with every day.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved this historical landmark. Just wish we had a better tour guide. The architecture for the time period is amazing. Not usually one for this type of destination, but so worth the trip! A must see for anyone within a 2 hour drove off the house.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I planned our weekend getaway around Fallingwater and it did not disappoint. You do need a reservation if you want a guaranteed shot at a tour, and they did accommodate us when we showed up late for our time slot. The Tour was informative, interesting and was just about the right amount of time. This house is one you must see for yourself. While not cheap, I can appreciate how expensive it is to keep this place up and running and didn't mind shelling out the cost.