“I can't visit here too many times.”
Review of Fallingwater

Fallingwater
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Mill Run
More attraction details
Owner description: Perched on a rock above a gushing waterfall, this historic house was built for a Pittsburgh family by architect Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1930s, ingeniously designed to blend harmoniously into the tranquil and beautiful woods around it.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Each season is very special and very different. This 'home' is incredible. Frank Lloyd Wright was a genius of design. The tour is very informative. I have been there about 6 times now and each tour guide gives you the same basic information but each one also gives you a different view of the home and the people behind it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"basic tour"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We drove up to Fallingwater from Baltimore the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We booked our tickets over the phone as we wanted to inquire about the best places to stay in the area. The staff was most helpful. We then decided later to visit Kentuk Knob, since it was such a short distance away and did that online. Fortunately, there was just a little snow on the ground, but it added to the immense beauty of the area. We decided on the Country Season B&B that is the closest to Fallingwater. It was very comfortable, clean with an excellent breakfast and lovely hosts. Prior to arriving there, we stopped at Stone Villa winery. Surprisingly, the wine was pretty good. Definitely would stop there again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The tour of Fallingwater was excellent. It was quite cold outside and it is a little walk to the house. I wish I would have worn my Uggs, as my feet got pretty cold. There are excellent facilities in the area, including a cafeteria and a gift shop and museum. The cafeteria prices are a bit high, so you may want to grab a bite after your tour up the road a piece. We joined the Conservancy after the tour, as we believe it is so important to keep these American beauties open for all to enjoy.

1  Thank VintageCruiser
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Having toured many Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, I was excited to learn that Fallingwater would be open during our visit over the Christmas holidays. The staff at the site is very helpful. Our tour guide, Caitlin, was knowledgeable, personable, and entertaining. The house itself is incredible. The views from the snow covered terraces are fantastic. The furnishings are well preserved just as the Kaufmann family left te house. A wonderful tour!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I learnt about Frank Lloyd Wright and Fallingwater in Modern History in high school and when I realised I would be travelling near it I had to get there. So I stayed in Connellsville on my way to Pittsburgh just to visit Fallingwater. It didn't disappoint. This house is just amazing and the tour through it is fantastic. I unfortunately can't remember the name of our guide but he was so enthusiastic, it really made the visit. The day I visited it was raining so we were given umbrellas to walk down with and had to use every time we went out on balconies so we didn't wet the inside of the house which was good. One of the highlights of my trip through the USA.