Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Must see!

Reviewed yesterday
chk2002
York, Pennsylvania
Unbelieveable House--A Must See!!!

Reviewed 5 days ago
quasimoto559
Hanford, California

2,306 results
All reviews frank lloyd wright falling water amazing house guest house extended tour our tour guide diego rivera bucket list house tour american architecture regular tour gift shop architectural wonder sunset tour take photos basic tour natural setting
Reviewed yesterday

You've seen the pictures. You've seen the books. But you really need to be inside in person to understand and enjoy what makes this such a masterpiece.

Reviewed 5 days ago

The drive from Pittsburgh was about 2 hours relatively easy once you get out of the city. The fall colors were lovely, you go through a few toll roads, but once there the beauty of this house is truly a work of art. Our tour guide was thorough, and pointed out the design problems this house presented and it really gave us an appreciation for the genius of Frank Lloyd Wright. What a visionary he must have been to marry this house in with nature---It is truly a remarkable, memorable sight to see!

Reviewed 6 days ago

We went on a cold November day and, while knowing that it was a beautiful building, the experience went above and beyond expectations. You will visit almost every room in the house and adjoining building.

Allow at least 3 hours for the experience. This includes waiting for your tour, taking the tour of 90 minutes or so, then taking some photos at the overlook, followed by visiting the gift shop and cafe.

I was a bit surprised at how remote it is and that is a good thing. This area is not at all built up and over touristy. Do plan on spending some time on narrow winding roads to get to and from here. A mixed blessing but well worth it.

Caution... there are many, many steps and a fair amount of walking. I don't see a way to get around this if you are mobility impaired. ALSO I do not recommend this as a tour for families with young kids... this just is not the kind of tour a child could appreciate.

You will take a tour with a dozen or more other people and if your guide is anything like ours you will learn a lot and be entertained throughout the tour.

Note: no cameras anywhere on the tour... photos are limited to a few exterior view points.

We are very glad we went and hope to visit again.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I’ve visited falling water 14 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. It made a lasting impression on me. It is so breathtaking. It was so fun to bring my 13 and 12-year-old there today. They were mesmerized. I know universally this is a highly rated to her. But being there for the second time was just as great as the first. You can transport yourself back to the 1930s by visiting here. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. It is so well preserved. The architecture, furnishings and artwork are just stunning. This should be on everyone’s bucket list. My kids were kind of grumbling about having to go on a tour not knowing what they were going to see. They were blown away.

Reviewed 1 week ago

As a FLW fan this is a must see. None of his other work is like it including the nearby Kentuck Knob property.
Even if you know nothing of FLW and architecture the setting and house are captivating.

Reviewed 1 week ago

As you walk on the path that leads to the house, you are totally surprised when it comes into view. The property is fabulous. I have been to other Wright homes and this one "takes the cake"! I loved the house,but the waterfall under the house is just spectacular.

Reviewed 1 week ago

A place in PA that house designed and built inside the Mountain, worth to stop by and visit if you just drive through that area.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

When in the area, definitely stop by and check out Wright’s much lauded masterpiece. The grounds are beautiful, especially in the fall with the house blending into foliage.

Tour guides are all very on script and could have been more engaging. PAUL, our guide, seemed knowledgeable but didn’t really make the house, design and build process, the family’s reaction, Wright’s influence legacy or impact come alive.

Lost points for the tour finale “give us money” pitch pitched as an overview of the house. Just acquire movie followed by a beg.

Glad I went and if you go, ask why you can walk on the carpets while touching the wood is forbidden!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Outstanding piece of art.
In depth tour goes with fewer people and the house doesn’t look like crowded
The light in early morning is the best. I took the in depth tour at 8:45AM in the fall and it was perfect. Only ten people in the group and the house was empty.
The staff is very professional and kind.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While this is a must see Frank Lloyd Wright destination, I felt the tour more rushed and less informative than at Kentuck Knob, Polymath, or another house we visited in NY.