“Just okay”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My biggest complaint about this motel is that they advertise having free wifi in every room and they do NOT. It is okay, but nothing special. If you want more than just a place to sleep, there is a Hampton Inn right beside it, but it is more expensive

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 14, 2009

We were on the road during spring break looking at colleges and this location happened to be halfway between schools. The hotel is 1 minute from the highway although you wouldn't know it as it was quiet and we had no problems with traffic noise. The room was a suite with a sitting area with a pull out bed and a king bed. All very comfortable and clean and the staff was very efficient when checking us in. This was one of the few hotels that already had linens for the extra bed in the room so we didn't have to wait for staff to deliver linens before retiring. The complimentary breakfast was good with a nice selection including make your own waffles. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2009

After checking in I saw a big bug on one bed andthen found bedbugs on both beds. My shoulders and back itched from bug bites. I had to move my belongings to another room - no help offered from Comfort Inn personnel. The second room was not clean- dirt by night stand and bathroom sink was rust marks and no stopper. The tv had a poor picture. The morning clerk seemed to think that bugs were acceptable and told me that they had had ants in the first room. The bugs I saw were not ants, but they still rented out the room. Bad advertising for Comfort Inn and Corporate Lodgings.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This hotel is both inexpensive and in a strong location in Central Pa. on I-80. It is also convenient in that a Perkins restaurant is attached to the hotel. Finally, the price was very reasonable as we paid $70 for a room. We also found the room to be clean.

However, the compliments must conclude there. Our room was moved three times due to smoking/non-smoking issues and confusion by the desk as to which rooms were actually available, the TV didn't work well at all, the complimentary breakfast location and content was the worst I have ever seen in this chain and I use it frequently.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My son had a baseball tournament and we booked a room at this hotel. As soon as we walked in I was a liitle scared to see what the rooms looked like. We walked in and half of the lights and oulets did not work. I pulled my sheets down and........................YEP YOU GUESSED IT I FOUND PUBIC HAIR!! I called the front desk and she came to the room. To make a long story short I went the Hampten Hotel next store. Which was nice alot more $ but I would of sleep in my care than stay at the Comfort Inn. I called the 1-800 # and the owner of the hotel sent me a letter saying sorry! Thats all! He didn't care because he owned the Hapten Hotel next store so either way he was making $. Please do not stay at the Comfort Inn I would rather sleep on in a public bathroom thats how gross it is!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I was a little hesitant what to expect at this facility, based on reviews by others on this website. We were in the area for a wedding in Mill Hall (about 5 miles north), and this was the closest hotel to our destination.

However, it's not bad. Yes, there could be improvements (especially in the bathroom). But this is one of 2 hotels at this exit from I-80 in the "wilds" region of northern Pennsylvania. From what I saw, it gets A LOT of business from folks just passing through looking for a place to sleep.

Our room was clean and appeared to have new carpeting and bedding. The towels smelled fresh and were spotlessly clean (no stains). The upholstery on the 2 chairs in the room appeared to be new.

The free continental breakfast was ample, with the usual juice, coffee, cold cereal and pastries. The option was available to make you own waffles as well. We had that one day and ate at the adjoining Perkins Restaurant the other day. Perkins offers a discount for hotel guests (as do the 2 truckstops at this interchange).

All in all, it's not a bad place, and we would stay there again if the need arose.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We were not all that impressed considering this is a bigger chain motel. The younger lady at the desk was very nice at check in but the older one was quite rude. I'm a diabetic and they were not willing to give me a refrigerator in the room. They did offer to let me keep it in the small refrigerator at the front desk but the older one again made it sound like I was asking for a million bucks.

They also need to take better care of their pool. It was an inground pool but heaven only knows when the last time was the filter was on. The bottom was very dirty and there were bugs floating everywhere on the top! I had been looking forward to cooling off but we didn't stay in it that long.

My bottom line is if your a diabetic they should be willing to accommodate you if you are on insulin; after all, that is a medical necessity that you be on insulin! I know of many motels that are more than willing to accommodate you, even if there is not a refrigerator in a less expensive room and you cannnot necessarily afford the more expensive rooms, they will put one in your room for you.

I would never go back there. Very disappointing! We stay frequently at the "cheaper priced" chains and have had better care!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!