“Enough Value for Money”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice hotel, with clean room, good breakfast and good service for money.
Regretfully 3rd floor still in "maintenance / refurbishment" so the "look" was less. Nothing special location of great interest in direct neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ComfortInnofLamar, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your impression of our hotel. We provide a dependably clean room and friendly service at a reasonable price. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Would not stay here again!!! When we first checked in, the lady at the front desk said we could not use the water, so we were giving bottle water, we were also told no ice cubes either! I wished they would of called or emailed their water problem cus I would of went to another hotel, but we were coming in very late! Our first room smelled so we were offered another room which was much smaller. Just was very displeased!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your impression of our hotel. The water issue you encountered was a precaution for the safety of our guests and was immediately resolved. We are glad we able to accomodate a room change for you. We hope you will give us another chance to show our hospitality in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This had to be the worst hotel we have EVER stayed in. Unfortunately we were here for 6 nights and since we had two small dogs with us, we did not have a choice in nearby hotels. When we first checked in on Friday, the receptionist was very rude. The room was dirty - there was leftover dog food from the previous guests on the floor and the carpet was very dirty. I do not believe the carpet was ever cleaned. We were put in a room next to the door to outside where the smoke can was located so that every time that outside door opened, the smoke was pulled into our room. We had specifically asked for a non-smoking room since we are allergic to smoke. We asked to be moved but were rudely told there were no other pet-friendly rooms available. There was no a/c or lighting in the hallway which made it extremely hot. The ice machine on our floor did not work the entire time we were there and we were told to just go to another floor. The shower was awful and the ceiling was filthy. The counter by the bathroom sink was basically non-existent. The faucet in the sink would not stay on. There were bugs in the bathroom and in the room. I found a tick on my hand in the bedroom. When we came back to the hotel on Saturday night after a long day, it was raining but our key cards would not work on the outside door so we had to drive to the front desk. When I told the girl at the desk very nicely that our keys would not work and we were left standing in the rain, she and the guy who was there when we checked in sort of smirked at each other as if they did this on purpose. There was no apology offered from either. When we got into the room, we found the floors had not been cleaned. There was grass on the floor from outside and spiders on the wall. We were locked out of the hotel again on Sunday night and again there was no apology. The only thing the people at the front desk ever told us was that we could check out. On Tuesday morning, the toilet would not flush. When I called the front desk to tell them, they asked when we were leaving. When I said we were not leaving until Thursday, she reluctantly said she would tell maintenance. We left for the day but when we got back that night, the room was a mess. The toilet and bathroom floor was filthy and the carpet outside the bathroom was soaked. There were used towels thrown on the floor in the bathroom and on the carpet. The bed was not made. The room was not cleaned at all. My husband called the front desk to complain and the girl hung up on him. We went down to the front desk and she admitted she hung up but did not apologize. The other girl said we had changed rooms. I told her we did not. She then said they changed our room but they did not tell us or leave a message. Then she said we could check out. That was their answer to everything instead of trying to fix the problem. This girl also said the room we were in was under maintenance. I asked why we were put into a room that was supposed to be under maintenance in the first place. She had no answer. We were not walk-ins. We had these reservations three weeks before we arrived. My husband got the manager's phone number from the girl. The manager was very nice and tried to help. We were finally moved to a new room after four nights in a horrible room. The new room was cleaner but the shower was still horrible. They need new shower heads. The second room was next to a smoking room because the next night the smoke was coming through the room so bad we had to turn the a/c on full blast. Will NEVER stay here or at any Comfort Inn again. Had terrible experience at every one ever been in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BJW711
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Totally agree with the other person who said the beds are terrible. They are! They are so hard and small. My hubby and I are average size and couldn't get comfy and we tossed and turned all night. Even the pillows were lumpy and very small. We stayed 3 nights and my back was killing me when we left.
The A/C in the room worked when it wanted to. We should have complained but we didn't. The bathrooms were dirty and there was hair everywhere. The walls and tub fixtures were just calked in to cover rust and the damages. It needs such an overhaul and really needs a good, antibacterial cleaning.
The pool was ok. It needs a better cleaning everyday and the paint is chipping all over the place. It could use some TLC.
The breakfast was cheap but they had a nice selection I guess. Cheap breads, pastries, frozen eggs and meats. Cereal and yogurt, thank goodness!
I would definitely want to stay at the hotel right next door next time. You will pay an extra couple bucks but so worth it when it comes to a quality night sleep, cleanliness, and peace-of-mind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but I hopefully someone reads this and avoids this place. I paid for two queen beds. When we got there they were certainly not queens. Not even close. I asked the front desk and they said they were "hotel" queens and that was the size of their queens. I am sorry but a queen bed is a queen bed based on queen bed measurements not based on what you want to call it. So misleading. They were double beds, nothing more. Not only that but the beds were the worst I have ever slept on in a hotel. EVER. Hard as a rock and terrible pillows as well. The bathroom was nasty, stains on the walls, hair on the sink. The toilet looked about 30 years old, stained and nasty. Do yourself a favor and skip this place unless you absolutely have to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Comfort Inn provides rest, quiet, and Comfort. And this one in Mill Hall, PA was on par with the other ones I've visited. A. pleasant surprise was the room decor, all muted golds, greens, and browns....called to mind the beautifully displayed beds at Macy's home department. All spotless and clean....,waiting to be slept on. It was just what I expected...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Basically I had to apologize to my family for this adventure. You get what you pay for and I didn’t pay a lot. We were dropping my son off at Woodward the next day so it was only one night. Don't use the air conditioner...it smells like mold is growing in there. The hotel is a little on the used side .
The staff was great. Very nice people. If you need a place to crash its fine. Would I do it again? No. The Hampton inn is right next door.

Room Tip: 2nd floor actually is on the road towards the back of the hotel. Park back there and you can move yo...