WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
OK
“Wow, Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Dated hotel with a heavy price tag. The room was nice, clean with flat screen tv, but not for a $100 bill...and that was with some bargaining. Paid $20 less at equivalent hotels across the states. Pictures provided by the hotel are accurate and they have a nice hot breakfast, but again the price. I walked in "off the street" and was originally qouted $110 plus tax (making it the 120's after tax). I finally got them down to $89 plus tax ($99.95)...don't pay more. I wouldn't have scoffed if I was quoted $89 up front...rooms should be $79-89 range and no more.

Room Tip: Don't forget to tell them you did't use the safe
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bedford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The motel was nice and staff was helpful. The room was nice. The location was good

• Stayed February 2012
The Flatlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is not one of the better Comfort Inns. It's comparable to a Super 8. A bit worn, with an insufficiently lit lobby and a somewhat unwelcoming design. The room I had smelled a bit funny, but I was able to have a decent night's rest.

The staff was accommodating. At one point I needed to use the microwave in the middle of the night (probably around 1 AM). There was no microwave in my room, and the night clerk (a friendly fellow) allowed me to use the kitchen.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Bourne, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stopped on my way through PA to OH. I didn't know that the gas and oil workers come in for work rotations and make motels rooms very scarce in this area. After passing up a smoking room at a Hampton Inn (who knew there were still smoking rooms), I had to stop at three exits before finding a vacancy on a Tuesday at 4 PM. This motel seems to cater to truckers and haulers. It's dark, old carpeting,poor signage inside, and key cards work when the spirit moves. Truckers walking the halls will open the door for you announcing that the card almost never works. Take the front entrance and save yourself time. Desk staff were friendly and efficient both morning and night. Housekeeping directed my to the elevator. Morning breakfast choices nice. Room was clean and quiet, but old and dreary. Sometimes you're just glad to have a place to stay. Seems like the location would warrant a Choice Motels upgrade.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Mill Hall hotels

Southampton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed for one night taking my son to college. We only wanted a place to sleep so our expectation was met, but If I was staying there for any other reason I would have been disapointed. The pool water was green! I couldn't believe it. It was still summer but there was no way you could swim in a pool with emerald green water. The hotel looks worn down and in need of a good cleaning and remodeling. Not what I'm use to when staying at a comfort Inn. The continental breakfast was non exsistent. There wasn't anyone replacing the food as it was taken, so by the time I got to get something all that was left was cereal. The hotel was busy, and since there was a Perkins restaurant right in the hotel lobby I don't think the management cared too much about having the "Free" breakfast sufficiently filled. Next time I'll stay next door at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We generally choose Comfort Inns. We have stayed at some really nice ones all over the country. The one in Lamar, PA. was horrible. I don't know what the rate is for certain days but the Comfort Inn web site says $129.00 for a room of our description. We were charged $177.00. I was told this after I ask after my credit card was swiped. We submitted to the price as we were tired and wanted to get off the road. I guess I could blame myself. But the price does not match the price on the web site. Then to make matters worse our AC unit squealed really loud at about 2am. We turned it off but then the room got hot. We turned the AC back on again ran good for a few minutes then squealed again. This went on for a few hours and left it off to get some sleep. We could of called the On Duty manager but we wanted to get sleep and not have to get up and move or wait on someone to fix it if there were no other rooms left. we were getting up at 5am. I told the manager the next morning he acted like he didn't really care, he didn't even offer a discount on the room which is usually standard at a decent hotel/motel. If I had known what kind of night we were going to have I would have walked out the night before. Rooms were somewhat dirt and the wi-fi was horrible. Don't Stay Here!

Room Tip: Check in early check the room out including the AC and complain, complain, complain if it is not wha...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joejoe112
Porterville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

located right on the Interstate 80 near Amish farming communities, they had a great hot/cold breakfast each morning with bacon, eggs, sausage gravy/biscuits, etc. We used a handicapped room because of my mother. Staff were very helpful/friendly...would stay here again. Only one negative...the night clerk wore pants that were sagging so bac that they showed 8 inches of underwear, and he was on a personal phone call and his language was something that no guest should have overheard.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#17 of 27 in State College
Super 8 State College
Super 8 State College
#21 of 27 in State College

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!